Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Several years running a boarding kennel & needing to make sure that lots of different dogs got their meds, I eventually came up with this never-fail method.
2 treats. 1 contains the pill, 1 just a treat. Let them see that you have 2. Tease them just a tiny bit - "mmmm look at this, looks good huh, you want this? do you? can you sit? " Holding a treat clearly visible in each hand, offer the pill treat & immediately offer the other one. Almost every dog I ever did this with would swallow the first one so fast in order to get the 2nd one. The 2nd one leaves no bad taste so they never get suspicious of the little game.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Several years running a boarding kennel & needing to make sure that lots of different dogs got their meds, I eventually came up with this never-fail method.
2 treats. 1 contains the pill, 1 just a treat. Let them see that you have 2. Tease them just a tiny bit - "mmmm look at this, looks good huh, you want this? do you? can you sit? " Holding a treat clearly visible in each hand, offer the pill treat & immediately offer the other one. Almost every dog I ever did this with would swallow the first one so fast in order to get the 2nd one. The 2nd one leaves no bad taste so they never get suspicious of the little game.
I love the sneakiness. There’s just something very satisfying about getting one over on your dog 😂