Sheep with overnight sores on face

KJenkins91

Just born
Reaction score
Hi! My lamb (~7mo) has what looks like warts/pustules with scabs suddenly this morning on the side of the face and under the neck. Backstory- her and sister were brutally attacked by stray dogs that got over our fence 2 weeks ago. We had to cull one sheep as she was too badly injured and we have been rehabbing this one, hoping she will make it. She appeared to be bit by a dog on her right front shoulder and the left side of her neck. The neck wound immediately healed but I think it broke her neck or dislocated it. It is crooked and hard and she can’t lift her head up very far from the ground but it hasn’t stopped her from eating/drinking. Her other wound on front shoulder was bad and we’ve been doing antibiotics, aspirin when needed, vetericyn spray and cleaning the wounds with water and soap, colloidal silver spray topically and into her mouth, vitamin B complex, nutridrench, bluekote, and neosporin. It definitely got infected but I believe is getting better day by day. An outer layer of skin lost hair and hardened from the bluekote and is starting to finally peel back and crack at edges to reveal new skin underneath. She’s started putting a little amount of weight on that leg but mostly hobbles with the other 3 legs. Enough of backstory, we got a new sheep last night from the same person we got the injured one from so she wouldn’t be alone anymore. This was also her first night back in the fence instead of isolated. I don’t know what’s happened to her face. If it’s not one thing it’s another. Could it be something from flies, bees, wasps, etc? Wounds from plants? Different infection? I don’t think it’s scabby mouth as her mouth seems fine really. This just appeared overnight…. Added pic of our poor girl bluekote and all in case anyone has any ideas as far as quality of life with a crooked neck. We are happy she’s up and grazing and feeling better because initial days were rough.

Attachments

• IMG_2283.jpeg
    IMG_2283.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2300.jpeg
    IMG_2300.jpeg
    525.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2265.jpeg
    IMG_2265.jpeg
    507.8 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts