Shhhh, don't jinx it!

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm really hoping that my girl Trixie is going to kid today, but having said that, it probably won't happen. Last time she kidded, I just thought she looked a bit "off" one morning so left her inside while I ran errands, when I got back she had kidded a single buckling. This time, she is way bigger and her udder is huge compared to last time, and this morning she has that "off" look again, plus she was pawing at the ground. So, she's inside again and I have my fingers crossed. Plus, last week there was some mucus discharge. The pic is from a week ago. Oh, the doe code!!!
3141_img_1064.jpg

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Cool, maybe she will pop some twin doelings. ;)

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, all day, still nothing! She just looks at me, and comes over very quietly and stands to be petted and have her head scratched. I sure hope she has more than one, and need a buck as well to fill an "order". I have just heard that my son and daughter in law have gone to the hospital to see if my first grandchild is ready to arrive (she has been having blood pressure issues for a week now and it may have to be earlier than scheduled) so just watch, for sure I'll be at one delivery or another while the other is going on!! Guess I'd best not compare them, :)

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, got some kids tonight, only not from Trixie!! My other ND doe that I would have bet money was not due for another two weeks popped out two little bucklings, all in about 20 minutes. Thinking back on the day, I realize she was in labour for a few hours, but it's so hot, I thought she was just trying to keep cool by not moving around too much. At closing up time she was already in the barn, lying down and nickering, so I stayed out and she kept looking at me and talking to me, and got upset if she couldn't see me. Then, a few pushes and number 1 arrived, she was cleaning him and out slid number 2. The first one is black and white, exactly like Mama, but the second is all butterscotch/creamy, very pretty. No pics, but tomorrow for sure, the ones I took tonight are no good. I sat for an hour with them while she cleaned them and they nursed, and one had a pee. For a while I thought she might have one more but nothing else happened. In the meantime, the doe Trixie that I thought was ready was very interested in what was going on, tried a few times to come into the stall and get a close up look at the babies. Maybe this will give her the incentive to have her own. Gotta love 'em.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on your new babies!!!! Hopefully Trixie will deliver soon too :)

My ewes are like this...they will holler until I'm out there with them, and then they go into labour big time...and I don't leave them either. Rather nice that our critters trust us to be there when they deliver and count on us...just love critters and can tell you do too!

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Gosh, what an adventure! I was in the city today, thought maybe my daughter in law was about to present us with our first grandchild. Turned out not today, but for sure next Monday unless her blood pressure goes up in the meantime. Isn't it wonderful how this stuff can be managed these days? Anyway, got home about 4 and headed to the barn and there was Trixie, with two brand new, still wet bucklings! So, that is four bucklings from the two does, and wait till you see the pics, can you tell them apart? I best get to tattooing quickly before I confuse them, as only two can be registered. Seriously, there are enough differences to be able to tell them apart on close inspection but I wonder if it has anything to do with my buck breeding the girls on the same day? He was doing duplicates that day I guess. They were 4 lbs, 5 lbs and 4 lbs and 5 1/2 lbs.
3141_img_1086.jpg

3141_img_1091.jpg