Show Supplies

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My birthday is soon, and I'm wondering if I can get more show supplies for the goats since I only lease them.Here's my list of things I already have...

ALREADY HAVE:
-Rolled leather and chain show goat collar
-Goat Brush
-Goat Tote (To put everything in)
-Hoof cleaner/pick and scrubber
WANTING FOR B-DAY:
-Goat hoof trimmer/clipper
-Goat Show Lead
-Wash Comb
-Goat hoof polish (Black paint, almost!)

Anything else???? My friend already has the trimmers and stand she lets me borrow.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I don't like hoof polish. I use a hoof conditioner (like Shur Hoof or a good hoof cream) and make them shine naturally. (altho, I admit...it would be fun to put that glittery polish on them :lol: )

I like to have a product like Show Sheen, and I groom them daily with it once they're show clipped for the week prior to show day. I also use Aussie spray on hair conditioner on my bucks, LOL, because it helps a LITTLE with the stench!

Baby wipes to clean noses, eyes, inside of ears and tail web (no one likes a messy bottom! and cleaning the ears makes the tattoos more visible).

If you're showing standards, you really don't need a lead...it will just get in your way. Just have the chain.

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'll add show sheen to my list, however I can't groom them everyday for the week before since they're on a different farm and I have school.... except for the 4-H Fair which is in summer break!!! I liked having the lead last time since (Whenever we weren't showing) the fair people wanted us to walk them around or the public, which I don't mind because I love seeing all the little kids saying "Look, Mommy, it's a goat!" :)

Oh, I'll have to remember the lawn chair since last time I had to sit on a hay bale :rolleyes: