Shyanne's Kidding Thread - UPDATE - Added Videos and Pictues pg. 4

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I gave her the "birth shave" yesterday evening. I guess I should see it fit to start her thread :)

Shyanne came to me as a Spanish Meat Goat for $75. She was pregnant and had already developed an udder. The man I bought her from said hes surprised that she hasnt kidded yet.
Shes been here 6 days.

Shyanne is not overly sociable, but shes very sweet. Shes upset with me after her shave, after all, we dont know each other very well. Last night she wouldnt hardly come to me and this morning shes regretting ever getting know know me even more :lol:
Im lead to believe she might go this afternoon/tonight. Her ligs arent soft but when I come out with food she usually comes around even though shes chased off by Fancy and Mama. She sticks with the bucklings that I bottle raised because they are sweet to even the grass.
When I went out to feed them left over pizza crusts this morning she headed towards me but stopped about 30-40 feet away and keeping that distance from everyone.
Her udder is a little tighter this morning but not the 'pop it with a poke' tight.

All I know about the father is he is a Mini-Nubian
shyanne.jpg

This picture is from 4/10/12
IMG_20120410_150651.jpg

4/16/12
IMG_20120416_083316.jpg

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I havent hardley seen any discharge from her. Ive seen a bit of thick milkyish green fluid sitting just on the inside a couple days ago but she looks dry as a whistle today :hu
Shes one of the sneaky ones Im guessing :barnie

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow, in that last pic she looks close to me. Good luck!

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ive seen a couple odd stretches and some yawning but her ligs arent soft yet. Her udders seem larger though.
...shes also eating like a horse. Hope that means shes eating all she can before tomorrow.
She has also become a little meaner to the little bucklings. Shes also even more stand offish now.

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Her ligs were softer tonight but still there when I went to check on her tonight.
Id be surprised if she kidded in the middle of the night.

SarahFair

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Still has ligaments. :barnie
But her tail is sticking straight up (usually bent downwards) and there is "something" back there. It was too dark to see.
Might have been a wood chip stuck to some goo

She seems to be back to her friendly self (or maybe just hungry) but still isnt as vocal as she was

Latest posts