Sneezing/ snot rocket

cowboyffa84

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have a doe that's been sneezing and I was watching her and noticed a big white blob came out of one of her nose holes i thought it was a worm but not for sure could be just snot and she did it again today, she has good weight shes feisty she eats and drinks good, no runny nose no crusty eyes she just sneezes off and on. I bought a bail of hay a few weeks ago and when I opened it it was small cuttings and a lot of dirt I ended up burning the rest of that after i filled her nest box up.

What do you think is wrong with her I moved her away from all the other rabbits just in case.

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sounds like snuffles to me (pasteurella) and it was a wise move to remove her from your herd. A better move may be to cull, as I don't believe this condition is curable, and is also highly contagious. Hay/dust would not produce the white snot you described. See what others say, and do a little research on snuffles to see if it fits what you're describing:(

adorable

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yup , it is snuffles. She got it from another rabbit. Watch the others...you probably have more than just her.

cowboyffa84

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ive had her for about 5-6 months shes been with my rabbits for that long also but none of my rabbits have any problems at all that I can tell Im working with them all day so i don't know how she would of got it none of my other rabbit show any signs of any sickness at all no sneezing or anything, I also noticed earlier that the one that's been sneezing has ear mites but none of my other rabbits have them I checked everyone out today.

cowboyffa84

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Is there any way to test them at all like a blood test so I can check all my rabbits to make sure I dont get them all sick, because I have some high dollar callies that won 2nd- 4th place out of 100 rabbits and I dont want them sick at all they cost me out the ying yang.

Latest posts