Still born baby mystery in backyard

freckles91

Just born
Reaction score
Okay so I found this still born baby bunny in my back yard. I was so upset when I found it. I am not sure if this is the right place to put this question out but I would like to know what happened to it. If anyone knows of common problems that arise during maybe breeding or when they are born. I felt so bad for the little one when I found it. There were no other babies around when I found it. It wasn't even in the nest.. It was to the side of it and the nest was empty. I have a picture of it but I am not sure how to attach the picture. It's legs are fully developed but when it gets to mid-stomach there is like a giant white thing that forms and then it looks like a bubble. There is no head on this rabbit. Just legs and a a little bit of a tummy. If I figure out how to attach a picture I will. It is kind of graphic :( I have never seen anything like this before, but I am not around bunnies a lot.

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
I would guess the mom ate him, thus the no head. I'm not real familiar with rabbits so I hope some of the more experienced member can help you out. :welcome

fluttervale

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Herbicides/pesticides at early pregnancy can cause extremely deformed fetuses in any species. It's possible Mama Rabbit was somewhere early in the pregnancy that was treated and the baby was deformed as a result. Assuming that the baby is a wild rabbit.