Sweetened's 2016 kidding thread

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Heellllooooo! @Sweetened - Dahling...where are you? *sing-songy*

We do miss hearing from you. You are always a delight, and it's been a while, now. I do hope everything is alright, just busy, busy, in a good way.

Let us hear from you, soon. We eagerly await updates...:pop

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello guys.

Sorry, things seem to get away from me so quickly these days with the farm and the kid and the warm weather.

I dont have all the new pictures yet but will get them done (nice fancy ones), but here is a couple updates.

tmp_22386-20160508_201619-1639555785.jpg

Dot is bred to Duke, exposed to our blue eyes buck Simon. She is a FF, who was a triplet off a FF. Shes not huge, but certainly bigger than Pearl was when she surprised us with twins. Shes due June 3rd or 13th, I accidentally factory reset my phone. She will be seperated off this week. Udder is coming in nicely... I was going to cull her from my herd (sell) over her extra dongle on her teat, but she keeps this up and she will stick around, just needs taming, which we start on this week.

tmp_22386-20160406_094945-689605304.jpg

The twin failed to thrive, the little black guy just didnt keep up and eventually passed despite our efforts, but the buckskin grew like mad and left to his new home a couple weeks ago... I came to terms with not actually needing another buck.

tmp_22386-20160429_13011483218416.jpg

This boy is a registered 7 year old, from the original herd I bought. The lady sold her farm and he was still there so she practically begged me to hang onto him, so I am. Havent heard from her in a couple months but dont really care, hes a good boy. He bred Lavender for July 4th (then she gets a year off) and Poplar for Sept 11th, and then she gets a year off.

We will breed Rose to Simon, Daisy to the 7 year old and Pearl to Oakley for februaryish kids next year. More pictures coming soon.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your daughter is beautiful, and has that happy so full of life look!
How wonderful.!

Glad you checked in. I know what it is like and sometimes you just cannot respond ... life ... it goes that way sometimes.

As far as your girls (does) really think about that taking a year off. They were designed to breed yearly... you can run into issues by skipping a year. Some does may not take again, or have issues.
It is different if they were bred and didn't settle....

Goats look great.

I had checked your blog and site and you hadn't been on their either... so glad you are ok and everything is good!
:hugs:hugs:hugs