Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just talked to Teresa after she arrived at San Diego. Of course, her flight arrived early and her son was getting to the airport so if she's lucky, she can stay awake and have some visiting time before she crashes. I traveled for Navy projects for over 40 years and I never could get used to traveling from the east to the west coast.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It seems to be the norm now but once again, we are having a hard time getting Teresa home. I just checked the flight data for her flights and saw a mess in the making. She had not gotten to the airport yet so when I called her, she wasn't aware of the problems. There are traffic delays in San Diego and weather delays at DFW. She checked with the airline and it appears that she would have at least a three hour delay if she could get a flight at all. If she got a flight, that would put her waiting at DFW (which she despises) for a good part of the night.

She is still working on it and we shall see but I expect her to spend the night in a San Diego motel and hope for better luck tomorrow.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
It seems to be the norm now but once again, we are having a hard time getting Teresa home. I just checked the flight data for her flights and saw a mess in the making. She had not gotten to the airport yet so when I called her, she wasn't aware of the problems. There are traffic delays in San Diego and weather delays at DFW. She checked with the airline and it appears that she would have at least a three hour delay if she could get a flight at all. If she got a flight, that would put her waiting at DFW (which she despises) for a good part of the night.

She is still working on it and we shall see but I expect her to spend the night in a San Diego motel and hope for better luck tomorrow.
Fingers crossed. When we picked up DS and DDIL last week the airport was a huge mess - inside (according to them) and outside traffic to pick up was a bear.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are running out of time to do what needs to be done with the sheep. We moved the rams out across the driveway so we could use the handling area to sort the ewes. The sheep have gotten really good at following me on the zero turn and makes moving them pretty quick. We got all of the breeders sorted and I moved them in with Oshi. At least three of the ewes are already cycling and stood for Oshi so maybe this won't be as drawn out as last time.

Latest posts