The Chance To Buy A Stallion

ducks4you

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Buy him. Figure how much hay he'll eat and add that to what you're storing in your barn by the end of the summer. I'm saving up for 2 horses that are for sale, but NOT moving, as an investment for the next decade of riding. BTW, my Vet suggested 16 years old as a cutoff for breeding a mare, only because we're planning on breeding ours in 2013, when she's 15. (long story, there)

Horsiezz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Whoa...*drools* I have always wanted a stallion...dont know why. Maybe its just how majestic and proud they are. IF I were you,I would buy him in a heart beat. Make up for the $$ some how.And for the stud fees etc...ADVERTISE ALOT!! Here are some websites I suggest for advertising.
equinenow.com
equine.com
horseville.com
dreamhorse.com

And make a website...maybe some cards of fliers and post them at your local tack/feed stores.

And if you reallly like him...maybe consider selling one of your horses. :D

the funny farm6615

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
there is a halflinger breeder down the road from me and he is still selling the weanling foals for $1500.00 EACH!!! and he gets $250.00 for stud fee to a grade mare and $600.00 to reg halflinger. they are one of the only breeds still worth money in this area, (i live on the iowa-missouri border). people here like them becouse of size and they can do it all.

adoptedbyachicken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'd buy him just for his hairdo....

Seriously if you can justify another riding horse a stallion is as easy to feed and care for as a gelding if they have the right training and temperament. So if you need a cart or riding horse get him, if not don't. I don't see the breeding making you money for a few years.

Shell

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My MIL decided to keep him. Bummer for me, but that is ok. He is still in the family!!