The goats MUST GO!

Tonkatuff

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm afraid I've made a terrible decision and now have to make another terrible decision. I adopted 2 goats last month, thought it out... I have the room for them, the time to care for them & the money to feed them, they needed a home and goats are cute and comical, right?:rolleyes:. I have two wonderful pigs (farm pigs but not for food) that are absolute joys to have around. They are smart & clean and very well mannered... then came the goats... I don't know what I was thinking. PLEASE don't take offense but I find them to be horrid creatures, and I think my pigs do too! My pigs shed was nice and clean and dry... they kept it so clean that I would often go and lie in there with them for some good old fashion pig snuggles. The goats have turned it into a disgusting toilet area that the pigs don't even want to go in there now let alone sleep in there. With just the pigs, all I had to do was refresh the straw a few times a week and strip it maybe once or twice a month. Because the goats crap and piss in there I have to strip in 2-3 x a week. Maybe I wouldn't mind it so if I even enjoyed the presence..but I don't! I find them rude, stubborn, willful and downright evil at times. I made a mistake, I am not a goat person:(... if you live in or near Orange County NY and would like 2 - 1 year old does, a Pygmy & a Boer cross please contact me.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
LOL. Pigs can be house trained. Never heard of a house trained goat.

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles! No offense taken by me - they are quite messy when it comes to the latrine. :lol:

I hope you're able to find good homes from them!

PS - LOVE the avatar pic! I can see the love for your piggy!

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Finally...a rational human being on these boards.

:lol:

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Goats are messy. That's just the way of it.

We have pigs as well and the pig barn almost never needs cleaned.

Pigs only poo in one spot and goats poo everywhere. If you want a cleanish animal that's not a pig, try a llama or an alpaca. They poo in piles instead of everywhere and my llama never poos in the shed.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of goats pooping everywhere, I'm fairly convinced that a goat's butt has a mind all its own. Or at least, I'm pretty sure that whatever part of a goats brain thats in control of the when's and where's of pooping is completely isolated and 100% autonomous from the rest of its brain. We humans intellectualize our poop...we think to ourselves "hey, I think I gotta poop!" before we poop, and we take action.. I don't think a goat has that, though. I think a goat just hears something like marbles hitting straw behind it and goes "Oh, I must have just pooped." Totally involuntary...like us breathing, or our hearts beating..

I dunno.

I've not felt good lately. Leave me alone.

dkosh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
Speaking of goats pooping everywhere, I'm fairly convinced that a goat's butt has a mind all its own. Or at least, I'm pretty sure that whatever part of a goats brain thats in control of the when's and where's of pooping is completely isolated and 100% autonomous from the rest of its brain. We humans intellectualize our poop...we think to ourselves "hey, I think I gotta poop!" before we poop, and we take action.. I don't think a goat has that, though. I think a goat just hears something like marbles hitting straw behind it and goes "Oh, I must have just pooped." Totally involuntary...like us breathing, or our hearts beating..

I dunno.

:gig

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:

I dunno.

Not all goats. My main squeeze dairy gal with the most poop and pee runs into the barn to do her business..... :rolleyes: Then she takes an attitude whenever I am in her area with a tool in my hand, like a pitchfork or a shovel. :smack

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My goats drop their berries where ever the mood stikes them.... except on the stand.... they are good girls there!

But i had a horse once..that would break his neck to high tail it to his stall to poop..... from where ever he was in the feilds... that would piss me off to no end.. I thought i got smart and shut his dutch door so he could not get in, he would back up and poop on the door.... and manage to get a few in side.... .... I still miss him......

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
mossyStone said:
But i had a horse once..that would break his neck to high tail it to his stall to poop..... from where ever he was in the feilds... that would piss me off to no end.. I thought i got smart and shut his dutch door so he could not get in, he would back up and poop on the door.... and manage to get a few in side.... .... I still miss him......
I currently have a horse like this in my barn too! :he I'd love to get rid of her but she belongs to my mom... Dang horse ticks me and DH off to no end :somad