The Great Photography Thread!

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_E0722.JPG

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope it’s ok to share stuff from before I was confined to the house. Life was fun back then. Here’s one from an early morning in July 2010 I took with a little Powershot I used to carry in my pocket while moving cows. We were taking pairs to the branding trap and the light and the dust had a really cool effect ❤️
IMG_8947.jpeg

Sundragons

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wish I had your talent. I have a decent camera, but absolutely no clue. There are incredible pics on IG of the Alvord Lakebed which is part of the ranch. Just breathtaking!
I suck. No, really. So many great photographers out there, I'm just a guy with a camera who makes lots of mistakes but occasionally manages to not mess up. :)

But thanks! I'm glad I was able to give you some inspiration.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here’s one of the Great Whites. I used to love to just go out in the back pasture and hang with the critters and observe the Maremmas. I remember once, they were on either side of me, on their backs, tongues lolling, enjoying belly rubs, when they suddenly both jumped up and tore through the tall grass. When I stood up they were running after a ranch dog that had made it into the pasture, escaping their notice. They ran him through the fence and stopped, watching him fly back to the barn. Then they walked back to me, flopped over and resumed their positions 😂
They had such amazing discretion. They never injured a cowboy’s dog. They rolled and terrorized a few but never killed it. And they never barked at the dogs. They always tore after them silently, saving their voices for the raptors, coyotes and cougars that populate the ranch

IMG_8949.jpeg