The obligatory new member introduction

1cock2hens

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi there. I've looked over this site before and have finally decided to join. I didn't join for any particular reason except to broaden my knowledge base and maybe share some ideas later on, possibly barter with those local to me.

I currently live with my wife and 2 toddlers in a small unfinished cabin in the woods of SW Missouri where we are attempting to live a more sustainable life. Currently we have 10 goats(7 Nigerian dwarf, 1 fainting, and 2 silky goats), a bunch of chickens and several dogs including 2 LGD's(an Anatolian x boarder collie mix and an Akbash x Anatolian x Pyrenees mix). I really enjoy bartering / selling livestock and sometimes I have pigs and other random animals. i just recently acquired a partridge Brahma Rooster that I'm pretty proud of.

Some non-animal things I nerd out on are houseplants (specifically Hoya and vining philodendron), vintage Westmoreland glass, old American coins and startrek.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you milk your goats? One very sustainable animal for dairy & meat! Plus goat milk is A2, so extra benefits. Plus chickens there -- eggs & meat. Tell us what you've got working well. We all learn from each other. ☺️ I have both dairy & meat goats on my farm. Love the milk!

1cock2hens

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you milk your goats? One very sustainable animal for dairy & meat! Plus goat milk is A2, so extra benefits. Plus chickens there -- eggs & meat. Tell us what you've got working well. We all learn from each other. ☺️ I have both dairy & meat goats on my farm. Love the milk!
I don't regularly milk them but I have. If I'm making something like mashed potatoes I will run out and get a little milk for them lol I mostly got them to sell on the pet market and for barter. Im looking at getting a few Nubian or saanen soon as well as some more myotonic and maybe boer or spanish to use for meat.

I just got a couple kune kune x Juliana mix pigs to trade today. I make most of my income from pigs. Get piglets for 20 and easily sell them a few months later for 200. I usually just do American guinea hogs.

I just let my chickens do there own thing. They have naturally maintained a flock for about 7 years and I've only added a few random chickens here and there. I eat all the roosters except a few i keep to watch the flock. They lay way more than we need. I'm contemplating building a pin and getting back into gamefowl. I had very good luck using them for trade