Thriantas

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey! My mom had Thriantas a long time ago, back when they started getting popular. Our experience with them was not good at all, they wouldn't breed, if they did they wouldn't take, and they had nasty attitudes, among other extremely annoying things.

Anyone raising Thriantas, are they still like that? I think they're extremely cute and wouldn't mind having them again someday, but if they're anything like they were when we had them then I'm not going to touch them.

HeatherM

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I've had Thriantas since before they were accepted into the ARBA. I don't know what your mom means by a "long time ago," as they have only been in the US a few years and are just starting to become popular now...perhaps she meant New Zealand reds?

I love my Thriantas, they have wonderful dispositions, very friendly, and breed well and have fairly large litters.

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
No, she meant Thriantas because I was the one who found the article about them and contacted Glen Carr to buy them. It was maybe...2005? I guess not a long time ago, awhile back to me though because we had them very early in our rabbit career and didn't have them very long because of the problems.

Latest posts