Two new Angoras

craftymama86

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So, I got two new Angoras yesterday. They are Giant Angoras. The male looks just like my English male but has a white spot on his nose. The female is mostly white. I have yet to get pics. The female is almost 1yr and has NEVER been trimmed nor REALLY groomed. The person I got them from was so sweet but it breaks my heart that this female has had to live as one giant mat. :( I started grooming her last night and worked on her this evening. I can tell she is already feeling better and I'm sure she's cooled off some too. My husband looked at her in disbelief when I showed her to him. She's so so sweet though. She loves attention. I'm sure even more so since I'm giving her some TLC. The more I groom her the more she grooms herself, hehe. I honestly don't think she could move before.... Oh... and... I had to remove hair and poo from her rear. I really hope she's not infected or anything. It's tricky cleaning up back there but it has to be done. I never planned on buying more Angoras but when the lady said she had some and how much she would take for them and then ended up trading honey for them I couldn't resist, hehe. I'm so glad I got them. Who knows what would have happened to them. Anyways, I just wanted to share about my new babies. :D I'll get pics next time I get them out. The female looks like a plush toy. :/

SarahMelisse

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It always breaks my heart to hear about these angoras that people just cannot take care of properly. I'm glad you were able to take them in and get them cleaned up. Good luck with your new wool babies!

craftymama86

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SarahMelisse said:
It always breaks my heart to hear about these angoras that people just cannot take care of properly. I'm glad you were able to take them in and get them cleaned up. Good luck with your new wool babies!
Same here. I've been working on Poppy, the female, every day since I got her. I still have a lot more to do on her. :/ I worked my way from the back of her head down to her tail. I still have some to do above her tail and then will work on the sides and then underneath. I'm sure most people would have started underneath first but I figured it would help her cool off getting the top done. I do try to do a little each time at her rear b/c it's nasty. She is definitely grateful. She loves to snuggle. :) ....I have yet to take pics, lol. I was going to take before and after pics but things don't always do the way you want. Oh well, lol.

Latest posts