Uninterested Buck

ibreedlionheads

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
fortheloveofgoats said:
ibreedlionheads said:
Rabbits are stimulated obulators; they don't go into heat. But for the past few weeks, every time I've tried breeding him, I've stimulated the does correctly (how a breeder showed me) and he doesn't show interest.
Oh sorry.:hide
No problem. Sorry to sound snappy.

Hmm... maybe I'll try the car ride. I've also heard that he may be overweight, and it could be the decrease in daylight hours. So I'll try to fix all of these problems. Along with feeding him celery, because apparently it increases sex drive in rabbits...

redtailgal

Reaction score
Well, now, I have learned some interesting things in this forum.

Would have never guess about celery and a car ride for a bunny.

What does the car ride do?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Love songs, celery and car rides.

I don't think that's really going to work. But like anything when desperate to have mating bunnies, everything is a good idea.

But I don't believe that's the issue of him being "uninterested". With the climate changes the way they are occurring, some areas it rained all the time, and it's still raining in places if you read the journals. And the seasonal temperatures during the summer were extreme and wet. So it is affecting the livestock. And affecting bunnies.

Plus it's winter. Bunnies don't usually mate during winter. Light issues will throw them off. And they do know the difference between sun light and artificial light.

Just be patient. It will happen.

K

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I've had the same problem with my best buck. He is 3 and we have had many litters from him so he knows what a doe is for. We don't breed during the summer here. Its just to hot. We tried breeding in Oct but he wouldn't. He is just now starting to take an interest in the girls again.

Latest posts