Unpasteurized milk

taraann81

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I feel better about it now. We still have quite a few months before I really have to worry about it anyways. This thread has a lot of very useful and informative links.
Thank you all.
Tara

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yesterday i had my first glass of Raw goat milk....... It was awesome, i was shocked that i liked it, after all the storys i had heard about how awful it was suppose to be.:love

I just have fiber goats at the moment but now i am really thinking about adding a few dairy goats. :clap

Funny last week no goats this week 3 goats and i already want more :lol:

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Uh-oh! You know they are like potato chips.....can't have just one.....admit it, you can eat the whole bag if no one is lookin'! :lol:

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
mossyStone said:
Yesterday i had my first glass of Raw goat milk....... It was awesome, i was shocked that i liked it, after all the storys i had heard about how awful it was suppose to be.:love

I just have fiber goats at the moment but now i am really thinking about adding a few dairy goats. :clap

Funny last week no goats this week 3 goats and i already want more :lol:
Get a buck and by next year you could have lots more goats. :D If you like really thick rich milk find some one who milks toggenburgs.

jambunny

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I love raw milk. I swear I feel much better now that I have started to drink it.

alba

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am anemic and used to always buy goats milk to drink when I felt really bad. It always gave me a boost of energy and made me feel better

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Raw milk has many benefits. Now I know why, decades ago, doctors used to put people on a milk diet when ill or if they had digestive issues. This was before pasteurization was so common. Pasteurized milk will irritate my digestion, even a tablespoon makes me very sick. I down a pint of raw goat's milk each morning, it makes me feel better! Warm from the goat....mmmmm....

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
ive got a friend that has drank raw cows milk right out of the milk tank for close to 50yrs.an he drinks a gal of milk everyday.an uses the cream to make homemade ice cream.he still fires his milk barn up twice a day to milk 2 or 3 holsteins that he keeps.

Latest posts