VERY special girl born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chirpy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She is beautiful! Love those long ears and her spots. :D

luvzmybabz

Just born
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
luvzmybabz said:
She is Nubian.

CAPRINE ARTHRITIS ENCEPHALITIS. This is a disease that is transferred by milk or by fluids. This means that if your doe has CAE, you cannot allow her kids to be nursed by her or even allow her to lick and clean the kids. Even sneezing can transfer the infection.
Sorry to hear that. Thankfully, you found out before she kidded! Will you be breeding her back, now that you know?
I will not be breeding her as far as I know, if I do end up breeding her it will be by AI. The milk is fine for humans so I plan to keep her in milk as long as possible.

pattyjean73

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She is such a cutie! I love those spotted nubians. Congrats.

BTW... I didn't see it mentioned but why was it a special day?

luvzmybabz

Just born
Reaction score
pattyjean73 said:

It was the anniversaty of my great grandmothers death, and it would have been my daugther's 10th birthday, she passed away just over 7 years ago and usually I am a nutcase for 3 weeks around this time, but had so much happening this year, I knew I could not laspe into the dulldrums. I got a special gift that reminds me of happy things on a day that is usually very said for me.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
luvzmybabz said:
pattyjean73 said:

It was the anniversaty of my great grandmothers death, and it would have been my daugther's 10th birthday, she passed away just over 7 years ago and usually I am a nutcase for 3 weeks around this time, but had so much happening this year, I knew I could not laspe into the dulldrums. I got a special gift that reminds me of happy things on a day that is usually very said for me.
Sorry to hear that. :hugs I had the same problem with the anniversary of my grandma's death. I've been able to get through it better since the birth of my youngest but, it was 17 years of a tough stretch right after Christmas.

pattyjean73

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Good deal. I'm glad the day can finally bring you good memories to think about. She is a lovely little girl.

Latest posts