Weaned calves with yellow morning eye crusties

nicki22

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
So just looking for a little advise these calves are other wise very healthy we are in the process of halter breaking and they are definitely very strong with no other problems but in the mornings they do have yellow eye crusties I have had this before on weaned caves just curious if anyone else has this problem? It always just clears up just wondering if there is something I should be doing to make it not happen at all these are Scottish Highlands and I hate trying to pick the crusties off there long hair. I have looked up info on both pink eye and conjunctivitis and this is just simply a little eye crusties not even runny eyes just morning goup I do have antibiotics I can give but wasn't sure if it was best to just let it run its course?? Thanks in advance :)

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like something completely natural/normal and what anybody would walk up with in the morning. I honestly wouldn't worry about it and definitely not treat it, as it doesn't sound anything like a disease or anything like that.