Weldman from SE Montana

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love what the two of you have accomplished! Wow, that has to be the coolest looking Bindominium I have ever seen. I love it!

You have found your soul mate and she has found hers. Sometimes you just know. This is the one. Many happy years to the two of you.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the Bindominium! Thinking that the roofs are perfect for snow. Absolutely amazing build and great work. Glad to have you here. You’re an inspiration.
Thanks, yeah perfect for snow alright till it's wet snow. Does shed the wet snow off too, but that's after it has some weight to it and is slams down on the side wings at speed. Be glad to bury side wings soon to stop it.
Being over here we get some nice winds that push at about 80 mph in the spring and fall that are ripping. This place doesn't budge.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like the refurbishing of the bins, barn and coop. I like the camper with some bed behind it to. When I mentioned wind turbines I was wondering if you had some for your off grid set up to complement the solar. Both seems to do better than 1 or the other, theoretically needing less battery storage. When it's stormy and no sun it's usually windy. Looks like you'd need to get at least 20' over the house with a big one, but a 500watt or 2 can help keep the batteries up if you wanted to go that route. I agree with the gov involved wind turbines but for personal use or off grid I'm all for them. That's another thing about uberment green anything. I'm paying for it whether I want it or not just so I don't have power tomorrow because they took away what worked. That could be a whole story in itself.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like the refurbishing of the bins, barn and coop. I like the camper with some bed behind it to. When I mentioned wind turbines I was wondering if you had some for your off grid set up to complement the solar. Both seems to do better than 1 or the other, theoretically needing less battery storage. When it's stormy and no sun it's usually windy. Looks like you'd need to get at least 20' over the house with a big one, but a 500watt or 2 can help keep the batteries up if you wanted to go that route. I agree with the gov involved wind turbines but for personal use or off grid I'm all for them. That's another thing about uberment green anything. I'm paying for it whether I want it or not just so I don't have power tomorrow because they took away what worked. That could be a whole story in itself.
Thanks,
That was a beverage truck that I chopped halfway down the back box and welded the flatbed the camper sits in. We had 2400 watts worth of solar that rode on the back, 300 gallons of diesel to get home in case of emergency (which paid off when Covid hit and everything shut down), had (8) golf cart batteries underneath for our solar on one side, several hundred gallons of water on other side, all the wife's stuff on one side mine on the other side and we traversed the US a few times in it. There is a story to the camper too as with everything here, there is history to it that's extensive.
For the price one would pay for a wind turbine, one could double if not triple the number of solar panels they could get in place. Yes wind blows, but calms down at night except on storm nights so that's why wind turbines for personal use is useless, you would need a property full to compensate for what one panel can do. There is also bi-facial panels like the ones I got, they pick up light on the backside too so when covered with snow they are still getting in solar. On a cloudy day I can still get upwards of 20 amps over what I pull on the system. I've got 22 solar panels and they are 400W a piece, on a sunny snow covered ground day I can get up to 500W a panel.
Battery is just for days when it just won't stop snowing, very cloudy days and one is pulling more than they are getting and generator is there for keeping the battery equalized across all cells and to knock any sulfation off. In total darkness I can sustain power for 4 days before turning generator on
I use forklift batteries here, I have two since I have two systems. One weighs about 3700 lbs and other one weighs in at 3000 lbs.

Got some trailerhood residents (Nothing against living people living in mobile homes or travel trailers, it's the type is what earns the nick name) down below the ridge and they have a wind turbine, but they also have a generator running everyday. I tried explaining to them and they went and got one anyways and ditched the solar idea. I call them askholes, ask one thing and do a whole other thing so I gave up on them. I rescue them time to time when stuck from snow storms, but they are on their own.

As for the guberment, I call that greenwashing, something to funnel the money through in the name of green energy.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband and I retired to 8 acres and a doublewide in 2014. Waited all my life to be trailer trash. LOL. I prefer the moniker
DOUBLE WIDE DIVA

We had a ball, on our little farm. I wanted to build a cordwood house and was starting to collect wood. We had cedar and pines and could have used the timber off our own place. My husband thought I was crazy, but was a good sport, going along with my hairbrained ideas. I was also thinking about moving to Trinity or Houston county. We both got Covid and he didn’t make it. I sold the farm, moved to a house my son had, bought 25 acres and another blasted Doublewide and moved again. This place has good grass, but no timber. I did a lot of work on the inside to make it look like an imitation house. LOL. I’ll use my building expertise to put up a 3 sided barn. That is my goal for this year. Had to put a new roof on the double wide in June, took a month, could only work until noon because of heat, but with help of friends on Saturday’s I got a shiny new metal roof.
My sheep shelters are a mismash of Pallet Palaces, 3 small livestock Quonset huts and tarps. Craptastic. It will start raining in a few days and turn the sheep pens to poop soup. First thing I gotta do is haul in dirt for building pad so sheep won’t be standing in mud next winter. That distresses me. I’ll make it happen. I may just get poles and a roof and wrap it in tarps for next winter, but I’ll make it happen.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband and I retired to 8 acres and a doublewide in 2014. Waited all my life to be trailer trash. LOL. I prefer the moniker
DOUBLE WIDE DIVA

We had a ball, on our little farm. I wanted to build a cordwood house and was starting to collect wood. We had cedar and pines and could have used the timber off our own place. My husband thought I was crazy, but was a good sport, going along with my hairbrained ideas. I was also thinking about moving to Trinity or Houston county. We both got Covid and he didn’t make it. I sold the farm, moved to a house my son had, bought 25 acres and another blasted Doublewide and moved again. This place has good grass, but no timber. I did a lot of work on the inside to make it look like an imitation house. LOL. I’ll use my building expertise to put up a 3 sided barn. That is my goal for this year. Had to put a new roof on the double wide in June, took a month, could only work until noon because of heat, but with help of friends on Saturday’s I got a shiny new metal roof.
My sheep shelters are a mismash of Pallet Palaces, 3 small livestock Quonset huts and tarps. Craptastic. It will start raining in a few days and turn the sheep pens to poop soup. First thing I gotta do is haul in dirt for building pad so sheep won’t be standing in mud next winter. That distresses me. I’ll make it happen. I may just get poles and a roof and wrap it in tarps for next winter, but I’ll make it happen.
My definition of trailerhood when I describe it is 4 broke down vehicles in the front yard of different make and models, these particular ones drink and smoke pot all the time, trash yes trash, not building materials, but trash strung across all 20 acres, out stealing trees from other peoples property, no contribution in upkeep of the road (it's a private road) dogs chasing vehicles as they go by and they just take. They all 3 at one time use to congregate to make the weekly trip to the food bank and I would make sure to skip those days going to town to prevent from saving them off side of the road as I did twice. Newest one of the 3 that moved in are now building a house out of straw bales and "cob" except minus the sand which doesn't work and they plan on having dirt floor only. It's entertainment needless to say.
I have tried helping them, one asked about solar power and I offered to help to put it up if they got it and welp the stoner neighbor said I didn't know anything that wind turbines are the thing, well a generator runs daily down there and 3 wind turbines sit idle. Tried fixing one of their trucks, they brought the parts over and said this is what stealership said is wrong, okay so we drag the truck they already started ripping apart up into my garage without way to double check, replaced all parts put it together and same problem happening. Told him problem still exists, he said well drag it back here, instead to prove I put it back together I drove it to them. Told him for this amount at @$50 an hour quote I would fix the actual problem, nope towed it to stealership. Months later went and picked up his truck, on way home it broke again. Months later truck still broke down and a Jeep has since joined the ranks with a Isuzu Rodeo and now he drives a brand new Chevy Colorado while running a generator 24/7 for power. I tried.
Born and raised in a trailer, but it never looked like what I see here, even your situation sounds constructive more than most out here. I know not all can do what I can or have money or anyone to help them, but wow.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Exactly! My favorite saying—YOU CANT FIX STUPID.

There’s lots of those type folks around. Meth Monkeys. Puredeee trash. You just can’t help them because they are too stupid.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Exactly! My favorite saying—YOU CANT FIX STUPID.

There’s lots of those type folks around. Meth Monkeys. Puredeee trash. You just can’t help them because they are too stupid.
Think that's funny, one of them has the wife running the whole show no one can do anything without her permission including their parents that just moved in another trailer. She thinks she is going to go deliver babies for the Amish community here :lol: and she is reason for the sandbags first few layers, hay bales for the wall, with mud slapped over the walls house that is going up. One pack rat from a hole in the wall or a colony of mice moving in. When I say trailer, I mean travel trailer.

We walk to the mailbox and is why we see everything and some stop us to talk with, which mailbox being 3 miles away down the ridge. Good laughs,

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know what I need, a disco ball, some lights and pull out my speakers come spring.
Just imagine this, ducks and geese be playing as you see with disco ball going on, lights bouncing off of it and jamming this out all night. Might even put some lava lamps to set the mood too.