What breed are these bunnies?

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If selling for meat, invest in a larger meat breed like Cals, NZW, Rex, Satin, - any of the main meat breeds for your breeding stock.

If selling for pets, you are better off using a small breed since they will stay small and cute for a longer period of time. Sell them at 6 weeks. Also, when you are selling for pets, concentrate the majority of your small breed litters for sale periods around Easter. Valentines Day and Mother's Day are also popular bunny gift holidays.

Then breed back up litters for 2 weeks later than the holiday since many pet bunny buyers get them for their children who accidentally kill them or otherwise allow something to happen to them. When I was selling Holland Lops for pets, I had repeat buyers because the child was allowed to play with and squeeze the bunny to death unsupervised, people allowed the dog to play with it "so cute", the bunny would escape and get "lost in the yard", several fell into the pool and drowned.

My replacement bunny business was almost as good as the original sales. After 5 years of pet sales, I no longer sell for pets.

EweAreKiddingMe!

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If selling for meat, invest in a larger meat breed like Cals, NZW, Rex, Satin, - any of the main meat breeds for your breeding stock.

If selling for pets, you are better off using a small breed since they will stay small and cute for a longer period of time. Sell them at 6 weeks. Also, when you are selling for pets, concentrate the majority of your small breed litters for sale periods around Easter. Valentines Day and Mother's Day are also popular bunny gift holidays.

Then breed back up litters for 2 weeks later than the holiday since many pet bunny buyers get them for their children who accidentally kill them or otherwise allow something to happen to them. When I was selling Holland Lops for pets, I had repeat buyers because the child was allowed to play with and squeeze the bunny to death unsupervised, people allowed the dog to play with it "so cute", the bunny would escape and get "lost in the yard", several fell into the pool and drowned.

My replacement bunny business was almost as good as the original sales. After 5 years of pet sales, I no longer sell for pets.
They buy them all year round and give you the money before the store even sells them it is horrible what people do to them but I believe rural king has an age limit on how old the buyer can be minimum

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
RK may have age limit but majority bought by parents -- who often know nothing about rabbits. Yes, the kids unintentionally kill them as rabbits are pretty easy to do that to. 🥴 Parents should realize this isn't a puppy...it's frail.