what does this mean?

jross8897

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Maggie passed the plug 4 days ago... this morning she had more white discarge, not as thick as the "plug". anyone know what this means?:/

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She could just be getting ready to kid....eventually. :p

Have you checked her ligaments (on your other thread freemotion put some info on that)?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
You may want to have a vet or experience goat person come over and see it. Depending on the white discharge, it can be very bad. It is really hard to say when we aren't physically looking at it.

jross8897

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
glenolam said:
She could just be getting ready to kid....eventually. :p

Have you checked her ligaments (on your other thread freemotion put some info on that)?
I have felt the ligaments. They seem a little looser than yesterday... but it might be my mind playin tricks.She's been distant more than usual. I think it just means she's getting closer.

jross8897

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
You may want to have a vet or experience goat person come over and see it. Depending on the white discharge, it can be very bad. It is really hard to say when we aren't physically looking at it.
The discharge looks similar to what came out at first. just not as thick

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They can leak that white mucus off and on for a few days sometimes, it doesn't always come out all at once. I'd keep a good eye on her. Happy kidding!

Wyman

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello guys...!
Thank you for your useful information.I like this kind of post which tell us much wander full massage.

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
sorry to ask but are you sure she's pregnant? I had one endded up with a precocious udder that I was sure would have given birth any day. She had white discharge and ended up breaking out into the boys fence because she was in heat. LOL!

jross8897

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
dkluzier said:
sorry to ask but are you sure she's pregnant? I had one endded up with a precocious udder that I was sure would have given birth any day. She had white discharge and ended up breaking out into the boys fence because she was in heat. LOL!
Actually... No not sure she's pregnant. I assumed she was pregnant when we got her... Started producing milk.... white discharge...???? Someone said before "Goats are notorious liars. :barnie"