What kinds of goat is this?

armageddon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
She is VERY pregnant. She has a brown head, long ears and a white body. Any help is appreciated.:)

I tried to post a pictre of her. But it says I connt because I am a new member :(

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I'd guess she's a boer...long ears / red or brown head / white body *sounds* like a boer goat. Google "boer goat pics" and take a look.

armageddon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yes, that looks like her.

I was really hoping she was a dairy goat :(

Do they have milk that is suitable for making cheese and soap? Everything I read talk only about meat.

She very friendly and I have been getting her used to me touching her....

I wonder if anyone on on craiglist would be willing to trade kids? She's been very good at managing the weeds.

Thanks for your help. I do apprediate it.

:)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
If she's a boer, she'll likely have small teats which may be hard to milk. That shouldn't keep you from milking her and using her milk for whatever purpose you want.

Meat goats produce milk that is as good of quality as dairy goats but they don't produce as much or as long and they tend to be harder to milk due to teat size. You have to learn to milk with your fingers and not your hand ;)

armageddon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yes, that looks like her.

I was really hoping she was a dairy goat :(

Do they have milk that is suitable for making cheese and soap? Everything I read talk only about meat.

She very friendly and I have been getting her used to me touching her....

I wonder if anyone on on craiglist would be willing to trade kids? She's been very good at managing the weeds.

Thanks for your help. I do apprediate it.

:)

armageddon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Oh wow! thanks for the replies!!

I wish I could post a picture of her teats...I have NO experience with this other than a strong will and desire.

But, her teats dont look that small to me (but i wouldn't know one way or the other. I also have an adopted Lamb her teats are nubs.

The goats teats are 4/5 inches long.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Once you have 10 posts you can post a picture...you're at 4 already...just reply to this thread or others 6 times and you'll be there :D

armageddon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I just saw your facebook page! Very Nice....I am going to go try and take pictures of my goats teats! LOL!

armageddon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I just saw your facebook page! Very Nice....I am going to go try and take pictures of my goats teats! LOL!

armageddon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Did I say I was looking forward to following your page?:D