What languages do you speak?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
I speak English, Dog and have become proficient in Rabbit.

Know ASL, some Spanish (didn't retain much in HS, but did while homeschooling) French, German, Russian, Polish, Japanese.

I think it's wonderful learning other languages. When Henry was in CHOP, we met many doctors, nurses, students from many Countries. They were all fascinated and very friendly, leaving Henry with new words of their language.

K

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can speak English, Spanish, Dog and some Cat.

I know ASL and can get by with some Romanian.

I can fake it with a little French and German.

I am learning British English and can almost understand them now. :lol:

punk-a-doodle

Just born
Reaction score
Just English. I have a trouble with spoken languages due to hearing issues. I'm hoping to study ASL because it is so visual, I might just be able to grasp it. *Plus, I might be able to use it* :old Eh? Speak up.

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Haha, I absolutely speak English, Cat, and Dog. I am better with cat though, because my chattery Siamese keeps me fluent.

I took Spanish for six years in Middle School to High School, and often understand it, but can't speak it very well. I did use it more often when I lived in Milwaukee, because of the large Spanish population that spoke English as well as I speak Spanish, hah. I was never very good at it even in AP Spanish since i can't THINK in Spanish, I think in English and translate in my head, which is slow.

I lived in Japan for four years as a child. I can barely remember much though, only the basics, pronunciation, some grammatical rules, etc. But retaining enough knowledge past the basics? Nope! It did make me popular among people who like anime, since I could probably read the romanji and not pronounce it wrong (Sake is sah-key not SAKE as in RAKE aaaaaaaaarg!)

I wish I'd learned German. My Dad is fluent, and always practices to remain fluent. He has friends in Germany from when he was an exchange student, and still talks to his exchange family (and visited them a couple of years ago, too). But he was never around when growing up and my brain was like a sponge for language knowledge. He was a career officer in the Navy though, not a deadbeat Dad :p

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
English. I understand, but do not speak, a little french and German and the one language I know for sure I do not speak as it is proven every day is GOAT!!

Latest posts