What's with the Vitamin B supply?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Oat Bucket Farm said:
Look closer at that. It says items marked with a ** are unavailable and it's marked with a **

I've checked every online vendor of the stuff I can find and all the stores around me - everyone is out.

I don't have a desperate need for it but I also don't have a supply of it. The stores and online vendors sell different brands and they are all out of stock??

In my mind, it makes me think that something must be wrong with the supply...or else why can't anyone get it...?

Oat Bucket Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well that was some tiny print. Thank you for pointing that out, I didn't even see it. Hmm, wonder why everyone is out?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I sent an email to several of the manufacturers of it asking why the supply was widely unavailable.

Do you think I'll get a response? :gig Probably not.

I've even tried googling it to find out why it's not available...nothing...

Things like this make me suspicious :idunno

ThornyRidge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Luckily I found the last bottle of Fortified B in my area (unforutnately expiration date is later this year) anyway there is some supply issue and noone has it.. go figure.. kinda like the terramyacin ointment a while back.. my guess is it might be some FDA/agricultural issue on actual development/ingrediants.. who knows but yes it does seem impossible to get for the time being.. the fortified apparently is the only one affected.. I see regular vit b everywhere..

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
This is the email that I got back from Agri-Labs one of the distributors of Vitamin B injectible

Ms. LeVan,

That product is on a manufacturer backorder and we do not have an availability date yet.

Thanks,

Georgie
So...I did get a response...but it didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know :(

My advise would be that if you can find a bottle - buy it - who knows when it'll be available again :hu

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
so glad I bought a bottle two weeks ago. I didn't have a need but have been gathering my emergency supplies. Wonder how long it will be out for.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
No idea...just hope that no one is in need of it and cannot get it.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just asked the members of my goat group in No. California and they tell me they saw it last week at TSC and at one of our local feed stores. So tomorrow I am going to try and TSC and see what they have. :fl

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
TSC had plenty of Vit B complex. Expiration date is 1.5 years. But my vet pointed out to me, if you want it for goat polio the Vit B complex does not have enough Thiamine in it to do any good. For that emergency you want Thiamine which is Vit B1.

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
babsbag said:
TSC had plenty of Vit B complex. Expiration date is 1.5 years. But my vet pointed out to me, if you want it for goat polio the Vit B complex does not have enough Thiamine in it to do any good. For that emergency you want Thiamine which is Vit B1.
B1 is the main component of the B complex we use. Not sure of the dosage suggested by your vet, but we've certainly felt it to be helpful.