meme

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
re:

Last edited:

john in wa

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I totally agree. why do we Peirce are small children's ears. seems like a good ear piercing would hurt a lot more than a dye job. I think it is Texas that it is illegal to dye chicks or sale dyed chicks. but who is really committing the crime the people that sale the chicks or the people who buy them then dump them.

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
john in wa said:
I totally agree. why do we Peirce are small children's ears. seems like a good ear piercing would hurt a lot more than a dye job. I think it is Texas that it is illegal to dye chicks or sale dyed chicks. but who is really committing the crime the people that sale the chicks or the people who buy them then dump them.
Ideal Poultry in Texas SELLS colored chicks for Easter. From what I've read, the way they do it now is more humane. However, the cuteness factor is what sells the chicks initially. Once the color "wears off" and they realize they have a bunch of big white roosters, then what?

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
greenfamilyfarms said:
john in wa said:
Ideal Poultry in Texas SELLS colored chicks for Easter. From what I've read, the way they do it now is more humane. However, the cuteness factor is what sells the chicks initially. Once the color "wears off" and they realize they have a bunch of big white roosters, then what?
Then you have 4th of July BBQ!!!!! The color of the feathers do not matter as it is turning over the fire! NUM NUMMMMM :D

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
meme said:
Why do people dye chickens, it is mean.

thanks
bye :/ :/ :/
Ignorance. They don't know any better and they think it is cute.

ChickenGirl11

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt the chicks at all they are still in the egg most of the time, they coulor is also non-toxic and it wears off. It doesn't hurt them at all. I think that the people that are mean are the people who buy them and then dump them as soon as the dye wears off---JMHO

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Because some people want to buy them that way. If there wasn't a market it wouldn't happen.

The cuteness factor will wear off and then they won't be wanted...but if people didn't want to buy them dyed then people wouldn't sell them dyed- simple as that.

Sydney

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Sometimes its used for identification which i dont think is really mean. Its is harmless to dye them, they are just injected with food coloring while they are in the egg. I do agree its mean when they dye them to sell to people who will dump the chickens when they grow big.

Latest posts