Winter Kidding Watch =) Aspen's Turn Pics Pg 59 ALL DONE

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
More does, yes indeed, more does...

Helmstead Minis Java Latte (NMGA) due 2/4
java3.jpg

I'm SO EXCITED because she'll be the first doe to have babies from Helmstead Minis TM NeYo!! C'mon, moonspots :)
neyo083010.jpg

Also, HM Marybelle, my top producing NMGA doe, who is bred to Thunderhill A Merlot. Luckily I don't think she'll go for a couple weeks or more, she builds her udder slowly.
marybelle9507.jpg

CapraKoza Northern Lights (Snips) the 2010 NDGA National RGCH Dry Doe, bred to MCH Fire Flame, appears to be gearing up for February.
snips042410.jpg

:celebrate Helmstead Minis P Farfalla (Butterfly) is due for her FF 2/16, bred to LTE Chippendale! This is a worry-some breeding, she's a very small statured doe...but we're ready for her.
farfalla083010.jpg

There are more...many more...this is INSANE.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You sound like you've been crazy breeding like I have this year. When mine starts, it's going to be a loooooong, sleepless few months. Hmmmm, why we do this "bunch" breeding is beyond me! Isn't there a song titled, "I will survive"?????

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
This is AWESOME! :lol:
Drive your butt up here and help me! :barnie This is UNHEARD of...not for me anyway. So much for kiddings being spread out over the year...but fast paced and fun? OK!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
lilhill said:
You sound like you've been crazy breeding like I have this year. When mine starts, it's going to be a loooooong, sleepless few months. Hmmmm, why we do this "bunch" breeding is beyond me! Isn't there a song titled, "I will survive"?????
LOL! Well, you see, I didn't do this on PURPOSE...none of my fall breedings settled...

Altho, I WILL at least have plenty of does in milk to choose from come show time...

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I DID do it on purpose simply to get kidding season over before 100 degree weather hit.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new additions. I love watching the Nigerian kidding threads because they can be such wildly different colors. When my goats have multiples, it seems like they are all the same color.

lilhill said:
I DID do it on purpose simply to get kidding season over before 100 degree weather hit.
Me too. I aim for January/February kidding on all of them so that they are well grown before the heat sets in around June. And it's easier to have one or two sleepless weeks where I can't leave home than to do it spread out over several. My does are all due the 29th, but I've got one doe who has been leaking goo, panting, and isolating herself since late last night, I was checking every hour all night and she never did anything but is acting way more grumpy and uncomfortable today (probably because she managed to overhear that I had PLANNED to meet a friend to go horseback riding this afternoon)...

I've been awake for two days because the night before that some of the goats got out while we were not looking and scarfed a whole bag of calf-manna between three of them (they completely passed up on the hay and cheaper feeds and went straight for the expensive stuff!), so I had to spend the whole night checking them and passing the baking soda around to soothe their sore tummies...

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
helmstead said:
n.smithurmond said:
This is AWESOME! :lol:
Drive your butt up here and help me! :barnie This is UNHEARD of...not for me anyway. So much for kiddings being spread out over the year...but fast paced and fun? OK!
Who's due in March? I'd LOVE to help! Just tell them to cross their legs til I get there. :p

It's a good thing you have a big barn now since they did end up bunched together.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
More, as promised:

Little Wishes Pastel Blue - who has the most wonderful, productive udder - is due 2/20 and (tee hee) is bred to our little RCH Jr Buck, NeYo! Hoping for some colorful babies!! Patsy has made some super flashy kids in the past.
patsy020709.jpg

I'm SO SO happy to announce this one - WF HMG Loira, our 75% American Nubian is FINALLY going to kid! I was pretty well convinced she was infertile, but Rider did the deed! She'll be my eldest FF, but I'm really looking forward to her udder. I am pretty sure she'll kid in Feb, but could be March. Kid(s) will be MDGA/TMGR Mini-Nubians.
loira71810.jpg

Gypsy Moon Jolene, I noticed she has a little udder yesterday. She could have been due this month, but is probably due in Feb. She's bred to Rider. Probably another single.
jolene1016092.jpg

WF Tiny, another one of our %American Nubians, is FAT and is putting on her udder for either Feb or March. She's bred to LTE Chippendale, so moonspots and blue eyes are possible. I LOVE this doe's udder...and she had simply gorgeous twins for her FF last spring.
superbowl.jpg

Olson Acres Princess Wolfgang is HUGE...I mean HUGE for her petite frame and her udder is really coming along. She's bred to Rider, and is due 2/20. Polled babies possible here!
wolfie710.jpg

Fall Creek Lady Godiva appears to be coming along nicely. She is bred to Chippendale and should be due 2/21.
godiva710.jpg

Miss Scarlett, our eldest doe and top producing Nubian, is uddering up! She puts on her udder realllllly slowly, so I'm going to say she'll be due in March. She's bred to Merlot, and I cannot WAIT to see what that cross produces. Again, MDGA/TMGR Mini Nubians, hoping for blue eyes and moonspots...
scarlett7408.jpg

Echo Point Aspen was bred back to MCH Fire Flame after we lost her retained doeling, sadly. We hope lightning will strike twice and we'll get another gorgeous doeling (or even buckling) to retain.
echopointaspen.jpg

GCH HM R Pigeon has the sweetest little FF udder coming on <VBG> and is bred to MCH Fire Flame. Hopefully she's due in late March or early April, to be ready for some spring shows.
pigeon083010.jpg

And, FINALLY (as in, last one bred) HM M Dulce should be due late April, early May...and also has the teeniest little udder already. She's also bred to MCH Fire Flame.
dulce083010.jpg

We do have one other doe, but I'm not sure she ever settled...so won't announce her just yet.

That's it! Our ENTIRE reproductive herd kidding between December and May LOL

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
You have such pretty does.

I do not need another breed, I do not need another breed, I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER BREED!

Latest posts