Winter Kidding Watch =) Aspen's Turn Pics Pg 59 ALL DONE

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Darn FFs. She's having mild standing contractions, but isn't getting serious yet. Either that or I'm having stress delerium and she's not really in labor :plbb I was up every hour all night, and she is just being a nervous Nellie, stares at me like "What!?"

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good luck! Those goats can drive you batty can't they?

free-evil-grin-smileys-4291.gif

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Whenever I complain the goats are driving me crazy, Hubby just looks at me and says "well it was a short drive......"

I have almost never had one give me much of a warning. They go from "Things are great! Give me more hay! I want to play!" to baby on the ground.

I am not sure which would be worse, that or the days of showing signs of labor and NOTHING!

Have fun, we are waiting together....

Laie_23.gif

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
:lol: Roll and Jodief! :gig

Nicki...I was in denial of the udder building for a good while - between her winter woolies and me not wanting to get excited over nothing...but BOY did she go from, "Yep, she's uddering up, she's bred" to "Ben! Look! She's strutted!" FAST. Nothing like her dam, who takes 3 mos to udder up!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How were you not out there fondling her udder-to-be every week in anticipation?! Oh, wait- I keep forgetting people have lives in addition to goats. :p

I hope she's not like her Auntie Sam and decides to walk around with her udder stretched tight as a drum for two weeks before she kids or you'll be even more sleep deprived that you already are.

Melissa'sDreamFarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh, did is hear Loira is in labor? Yeah for me, please, please Loria be in labor!!!! :weee

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
:p

The thing I'm happiest about is Loira appears to NOT have inherited the family teats. I was hoping for no bottle teats - thank you, Snap Shot...for improving that!

Latest posts