Winter Kidding Watch =) Aspen's Turn Pics Pg 59 ALL DONE

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
helmstead said:
:p I'll get pics tomorrow, after I get all the feeding and milking and bottle feeding done (which is running me somewhere around 4 hrs a day...currently)
Holy Shamoly. When show season hits and those kids are sold/weaned it will be like a VACATION for you.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Pics of Velvet's quads!!

First four photos are her biggest buckling - he's got one big gold moonspot on the back of his neck...
velvetquads004.jpg

velvetquads005.jpg

velvetquads006.jpg

velvetquads007.jpg

Here is the 2nd largest buckling - solid gold with a star and tail tip
velvetquads008.jpg

velvetquads012.jpg

Third buckling (THIS is the baby that came out first) I'm adoring the colors here...VERY unusual base color I think he's actually some kind of buckskin
velvetquads022.jpg

velvetquads015.jpg

And, finally, our retained doeling who was 1 lb 12 oz soaking WET...also this unusual color.
velvetquads024.jpg

velvetquads026.jpg

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
*melts*

Adorable, and LOVE the color. Glad your keeper doe is such a pretty thing.

I love it when people say, "You don't work full time?" to me.

I milk for an hour in the morning, a half hour at night. I feed for an hour morning and night...I clean pens for about 30 mins. a day on average. Pastuerizing / bottling the milk / clean up from milking...throw in another hour. Bottle feeding kids 3x a day....45 minutes. If we're kidding, add a few loads of laundry in there.
Oh...and I also have an incubator full of eggs and will soon have a house full of chicks....
Then there are the parent chickens...and guineas...to feed / care for.
AND...the pets.

Hubby / house / etc.

And in the summer....GARDENS.

No, I don't work full time at all....:rolleyes:

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I think I'm partial to buckling #3, but they are all cuties!!!!

Have you recovered from the ordeal yet? Now you can enjoy them - that's the fun part! Congratulations!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Thanks, y'all! If I were having to decide between one of these bucklings, I'd be hard pressed...they're all really nice already. LONG and level. But yeah, I'm partial to the flashy ones.

And, aggieterpkatie...:lol: you'd have quite the struggle on your hands prying her out of my arms! We've had one other baby born this tiny - Farfalla...and she has our hearts still at over a year old. She did mature somewhat small, but KILLED IT in the ring last year. So, Imma keep this wee baby girl!!

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Omg they are beautiful...... you really have me thinking.... umm do i need more LOL.... I don't

Congrats again.......