Without further ado, here I am.

DogsCowsChicken

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The young poults are at that "teenage" stage and will go from looking like one sex to another sex week by week. Hope they turn out to be mostly pullets at least....
Kitty Foreman seems more and more like Red Foreman. I certainly wasn't HOPING for roosters, but if there's only one, we'll find away to make the best of it.

DogsCowsChicken

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Howdy! I'm in Erath County just a couple hours from Abilene. We have goats, chickens, ducks and dogs. Glad to have you and am looking forward to hearing more about your adventures and the ranch.
Oh, you'll hear more! I tend to make a nuisance of myself.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wood County northest TX here. White Dorper sheep on 15 high fenced acres of Bermuda and Bahia pasture. 3, soon to be 4, Anatolian livestock guardian dogs. 30 acres Bermuda and Bahia hay leased to neighboring cattle rancher. I buy my hay from him. Saves cost of haymaking implements and he advises on pasture health. Good all around.

Still working on moving permanently to TX. I had knee surgery in CA, DH has to return for cataract surgery. DS2 and DIL will rent California house. DS1 currently running sheep ranch and improvements to ranch.

DogsCowsChicken

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wood County northest TX here. White Dorper sheep on 15 high fenced acres of Bermuda and Bahia pasture. 3, soon to be 4, Anatolian livestock guardian dogs. 30 acres Bermuda and Bahia hay leased to neighboring cattle rancher. I buy my hay from him. Saves cost of haymaking implements and he advises on pasture health. Good all around.

Still working on moving permanently to TX. I had knee surgery in CA, DH has to return for cataract surgery. DS2 and DIL will rent California house. DS1 currently running sheep ranch and improvements to ranch.
Wood County is a great area! Close to the City, but not too close. Convenient to First Monday Trade Days. The land begins to roll a bit and the horizon gets closer.... So Pretty!!! And the wildflowers!!!! Don't get me started....