Yeah for babies!

rabbitlady4433

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if my doe was preggers or not but I brought her in the house any way, it's been very cold here. Yesterday was her due date and I checked in the morning and......nothing. Then I had a super exciting day (my kiddo went on the potty!) and as I was starting dinner I thought I'd run to the pantry and check on her again. It was kinda dark so I just stuck my hand in the box and just about screamed. lol (got a flash light then) 7 healthy kits all nestled in a perfectly made nest! Soo happy to have a good out come after the last debachel! Will post pics later!

Lorelai

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Congratulations! How exciting for you! What kind of bunnies? :D

Will have to get my act together and take some pictures of our kits now that their eyes are starting to open... maybe a project for today?

rabbitlady4433

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well, they are a cross with my NZW doe and a Rex buck. I had only exposed him to her because my Cali buck was not interested in doing the deed when we bred her. These were more of a happy experiment. The first litter she had were born on the wire and gone by the time I found them. So far, minus that incident, she she is proving to be a good mom. Babies were well fed this morning when I checked on them! :)

wYs Ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
aww congrats!

One of my NZ's just had a litter of 10 or 12... huge litter for her first I think. all are black/brown except for 2 pink ones... both parents are dark brown (heather looking).

rabbitlady4433

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
This cross has given us 7 healthy babies! They are 3 weeks old today, and all are thriving. This litter had initially been selected to be sold, but........ The outcome of their fur has me reconsidering. All of them are a deep black, but 3 of them has silvery/white guard hairs, the combo is just beautiful. I know they won't be as big as the NZ/Cali cross at butcher time, but the fur is just so awesome, I'm going to have to tan these beauties out.