Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses

IMG_6456.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I got to go to town today and buy more milk for the lambs. I’m mixing my formula half with milk replacer now but 3 starving piranhas drink a lot of milk. Yesterday afternoon I cut seed heads off thistles. I have 7 paper feed sacks of thistles. I’ll haul those to the trash. Got a few more to cut.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I got to go to town today and buy more milk for the lambs. I’m mixing my formula half with milk replacer now but 3 starving piranhas drink a lot of milk. Yesterday afternoon I cut seed heads off thistles. I have 7 paper feed sacks of thistles. I’ll haul those to the trash. Got a few more to cut.
Oh man thistles. They’ve popped up in my pasture turnout. Need to add that to my get ‘er done SOON list.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh man thistles. They’ve popped up in my pasture turnout. Need to add that to my get ‘er done SOON list.
If you can’t get around to dig them up, then lop off the flowers/seed pods like I’m doing. I did dig up a good patch of them, then got busy. They will come back from the roots.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another looong day. Same tomorrow. But, it's that "season" for resets. Make the $ now, hrs drop to little of nothing in another month. Slack, then heavy in fall, dead in winter. 😁 You plan for it. I'm heading to bed tired. Been lifting heavy stuff and climbing ladders for 2 days now. Rest up for another day or two of same. Then home a few -- lots to do here!

Took 6 dz eggs to a friend, on way between stores. Only left 6 dz here -- then added18 from today.🙄. Yeah, the girls are really generous.😉 Need to make, quiche, egg salad, etc.

Sleep well everyone ☺️🥱

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if pouring cleaning vinegar on the stumps would help. I get to experiment with that tomorrow. I’ve also contemplated rock salt, motor oil, and dynamite. I actually cleaned a lot of horse nettle out of a pasture using a mixture of vegetable oil, vinegar and salt- salad dressing. Wonder if I could sell chopped thistle on Craigslist?

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Another looong day. Same tomorrow. But, it's that "season" for resets. Make the $ now, hrs drop to little of nothing in another month. Slack, then heavy in fall, dead in winter. 😁 You plan for it. I'm heading to bed tired. Been lifting heavy stuff and climbing ladders for 2 days now. Rest up for another day or two of same. Then home a few -- lots to do here!

Sleep well everyone ☺️🥱
Been there. Rest well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wonder if pouring cleaning vinegar on the stumps would help. I get to experiment with that tomorrow. I’ve also contemplated rock salt, motor oil, and dynamite. I actually cleaned a lot of horse nettle out of a pasture using a mixture of vegetable oil, vinegar and salt- salad dressing. Wonder if I could sell chopped thistle on Craigslist?
Horse nettle? Do you have Texas Bull Nettle too? It’s awful stuff, has a big bulbous root that is hard to dig out.