The journey into the abyss of no return

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Can you check with the county to see if taxes are in arrears?
They aren't as I watch these more than typical man watches sports. He has slipped a few times, but always paid up within 2 months. It's like a hobby at this point, watching taxes in the neighborhood and watching real estate websites for parcels coming up for sale.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Still working Pooch, did pretty good till he decided to chase them. Now today he is just barking constantly at them, had to shut him up a time or two.
KIMG03922.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a Great Pyrenees that put duck on his menu and he ate my muscovies. He snarled up and lunged at me over his kill. WRONG THING TO DO. There happened to be a 4’ pine limb laying on the ground. I picked it up and beat the crap out of him. He finally broke and ran with me chasing him, screaming like a banshee and still whaling on him with the pine branch until he outran me.

Then he decided guineas were on the menu. Strangely he left chickens alone. Great dog, but not with poultry.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I had a Great Pyrenees that put duck on his menu and he ate my muscovies. He snarled up and lunged at me over his kill. WRONG THING TO DO. There happened to be a 4’ pine limb laying on the ground. I picked it up and beat the crap out of him. He finally broke and ran with me chasing him, screaming like a banshee and still whaling on him with the pine branch until he outran me.

Then he decided guineas were on the menu. Strangely he left chickens alone. Great dog, but not with poultry.
One loud yell of his name and he stopped. Taught him early on to fear being yelled very loudly his name what it associates with and what comes next if he continues.
Started some barking session yesterday each time bird was near which is new. So I wait till he is going off and sneak right up next to him and yell out "no" and he damn near schits himself trying to figure out where I came from and how to escape.

On different note for yesterday,
This will make your arsehole pucker up, I even think I felt my nuts slap my arsehole from the percussion.
Working on the balcony and apparently one the cells shorted out in my battery causing an explosion right underneath me.
Ended up draining all the acid out, fixed the short and refilled it back up, then sealed it with gear oil sealant. That should save a few hundred
KIMG03955.jpg
KIMG03966.jpg
KIMG03977.jpg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do know that the hogs that win are those with the double muscled type hams...
The hams just look like they are double muscled. Show hogs are bred specially to be long, and wide, with little fat. The double muscling gene was really popular in the late 90's when it was identified. Scientists studied it, and ranchers were more excited about it than sliced bread. Twice as much muscle meat on a carcass might mean twice as much $$ for livestock. BUT the double muscling gene proved to be a false hope. Just as it started to become a fad in livestock shows it was discovered that animals with the double muscle gene carried hardly any fat (thus the better definition of muscling). The lack of fat caused major loss of tenderness and palatability. This resulted in huge complaints from consumers. Ranchers with double muscling genetics in their animals found that the slaughterhouses refused them or lowered the prices paid for those animals. Eventually the fad for double muscling died out once it was seen that the animals were not salable. It occurs naturally in some breeds of cattle, but is no longer being bred into livestock on purpose.
323A N TEHAMA ST # 117
WILLOWS, CA 95988-2524
Willows is not a hideout for tax evaders. :lol: Willows is a farm town in northern California on I-5. It is where you take the cutoff going east to Chico State University. It is also where we stay when going to pick up sheep we buy from Wes Patton. His ranch is in Orland, about 5 miles north of Willows. The area is mostly almond orchards until you reach Chico to the east when walnut orchards become prevalent. Cattle and sheep are the main livestock.

The address looks like a business address. It is in the middle of town. I looked it up and it is down the street from the Best Western where we stayed last month.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Holy electrons Batman! :duc:duc
If anyone had a car battery blow up on them then they might understand how strong this explosion was in the minimum sense.
The hams just look like they are double muscled. Show hogs are bred specially to be long, and wide, with little fat. The double muscling gene was really popular in the late 90's when it was identified. Scientists studied it, and ranchers were more excited about it than sliced bread. Twice as much muscle meat on a carcass might mean twice as much $$ for livestock. BUT the double muscling gene proved to be a false hope. Just as it started to become a fad in livestock shows it was discovered that animals with the double muscle gene carried hardly any fat (thus the better definition of muscling). The lack of fat caused major loss of tenderness and palatability. This resulted in huge complaints from consumers. Ranchers with double muscling genetics in their animals found that the slaughterhouses refused them or lowered the prices paid for those animals. Eventually the fad for double muscling died out once it was seen that the animals were not salable. It occurs naturally in some breeds of cattle, but is no longer being bred into livestock on purpose.

Willows is not a hideout for tax evaders. :lol: Willows is a farm town in northern California on I-5. It is where you take the cutoff going east to Chico State University. It is also where we stay when going to pick up sheep we buy from Wes Patton. His ranch is in Orland, about 5 miles north of Willows. The area is mostly almond orchards until you reach Chico to the east when walnut orchards become prevalent. Cattle and sheep are the main livestock.

The address looks like a business address. It is in the middle of town. I looked it up and it is down the street from the Best Western where we stayed last month.
I got a "friend" to run down the address personally and it's a UPS outlet shipping authorized from that building.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
And I thought my road was bad (yeah I know there's worse) and it prob why we could get the land - people with fancy cars would stop where the dirt starts :D =D
Ya' know - you could take up cake decorating - you've proven you've go the skill!! ;):ep:lol: