The journey into the abyss of no return

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And I thought my road was bad (yeah I know there's worse) and it prob why we could get the land - people with fancy cars would stop where the dirt starts :D =D
Ya' know - you could take up cake decorating - you've proven you've go the skill!! ;):ep:lol:
Ten ply tires at minimum, 4x4 required, better know how to change a flat amongst other repairs, and anything with less than 8 inches of ground clearance is going to get stuck sooner or later.
Little friendly tip I taught my wife, always carry two shovels. That way when someone pretends to stop to help and exclaims they can't, hand them the shovel and now they can :gig

Oh and some baling wire too, that way when parts fall partly off such as fenders, tailgates, bumpers, mufflers and etc...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve had a car battery blow up, your description of batteries blowing up underneath you made me bust out laughing.

Your welding looks good. Do you use TIG or rods? I want a welding machine when I grow up, just for stuff around the farm.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had a car battery blow up, your description of batteries blowing up underneath you made me bust out laughing.

Your welding looks good. Do you use TIG or rods? I want a welding machine when I grow up, just for stuff around the farm.
Neither, MIG. There was so many things I wanted to do when younger "mid 20's" and seen only way to do or get stuff cause I was too poor to afford it was build it myself. Tried with a Craftsman welder, couldn't make heads or tales, wanted to build a house couldn't make heads or tales, wanted to fix a few things such as my truck, couldn't make heads or tales. Hit an IED in the sandbox and when I came around it all went together ducks to water

Next up for the day, installing mini split AC. Yep I can do that too :plbb
KIMG03988.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
In my early twenties I worked for a company building oil field pumping units. I ran B class machines. The welders used MIG welders. Some pretty heavy accidents. One guy lost his legs, pile of I beams weren’t stacked properly and fell on him. When they got the I beams off him, his legs were crushed. First thing in the morning, back to work everybody. Another guy fell under the wheels of an 18 wheeler loaded with iron, backing up. He died. Then the typical run of the mill accidents, in today’s world, that place wouldn’t survive. Maybe why it’s closed down now. I loved the work, I worked in several machine shops after that.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
In my early twenties I worked for a company building oil field pumping units. I ran B class machines. The welders used MIG welders. Some pretty heavy accidents. One guy lost his legs, pile of I beams weren’t stacked properly and fell on him. When they got the I beams off him, his legs were crushed. First thing in the morning, back to work everybody. Another guy fell under the wheels of an 18 wheeler loaded with iron, backing up. He died. Then the typical run of the mill accidents, in today’s world, that place wouldn’t survive. Maybe why it’s closed down now. I loved the work, I worked in several machine shops after that.
I guess it's a male pride thing, but most welders are still running stick welders and old Lincoln SAE machines and such, it's right up there with those running old carburetored engines. Wasting money on fuel running old machines. All my machines are inverter tech instead of the old transformer MIG/stick welders. I can pull 350A of welding power out of 40A supply of power instead of needing 60A or playing in the 3 phase world. In welding off grid on solar it's a different world.

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Somewhere between wondering when someone can load my dump truck with rock form local rock quarry since they have no one so it's on call basis for a job I'm trying to do for someone, get the brooder box extended for extra birds I got that didn't sell, trying to finish a water well up. put in a balcony to put in mini split AC system since summer came early, tend to animals, turning eggs 5 times a day in incubator, restructuring "one" of my businesses and getting my loader fixed in the pole barn, I think I might be able to manage a few other things.
Oh and am getting ready to try and plant corn, try and get few thousand gallons moved around of water with draining duck pond.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Somewhere between wondering when someone can load my dump truck with rock form local rock quarry since they have no one so it's on call basis for a job I'm trying to do for someone, get the brooder box extended for extra birds I got that didn't sell, trying to finish a water well up. put in a balcony to put in mini split AC system since summer came early, tend to animals, turning eggs 5 times a day in incubator, restructuring "one" of my businesses and getting my loader fixed in the pole barn, I think I might be able to manage a few other things.
Oh and am getting ready to try and plant corn, try and get few thousand gallons moved around of water with draining duck pond.
:th