●●The Oklahoma Thread●● (Go OU!)

Elwood Lightfoot

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
DonnaBelle said:
We're in beautiful downtown Pierce, Oklahoma, between Checotah, OK and Henryetta, OK.

We are devoting ourselves to:

2 Tennessee Walkers, currently being used as yard ornaments. They graze in the front yard. Well, front 10 acres.

60 chickens.

4 dogs, one of which is a "rescue" The other 3 are Brittany bird dogs.

6 goats

I look out my front door at Tiger Mountain, home to bears, mountain lions, polecats, lots of rattlesnakes.

It's great to be an Okie, even one imported from Florida.

DonnaBelle
:welcome Maybe we can get some more Okies to get on board here LOL

Amber

Just born
Reaction score
Hi everybody! If anyone is on the Oklahoma thread of BYC, I am freezefamilyfarms there. I just decided to join BYH today so I could research goats more and start looking for a couple. Such a small group of okies on this board, let's make it grow!

themrslove

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm from Oklahoma, too! :)
Hooray!
Teeny tine start up goat herd and a couple chickens! :bun

lirette

Just born
Reaction score
I am here too!!:D I am actually right next door to DonnaBelle. Met my own neighbor here. Small world. I am between Checotah and Henryetta 2 miles off I-40. I have Nubians, pigs, angus, and horses. With Nubians being my passion and pigs, my daughters.
Glad to know there are fellow BackYard Herdsmen near. :)

What Have You Herd

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wow! I recognize a lot of Okies on this thread from BYC. I'm getting my goats at the end of July, or as soon as the front pasture has new fencing. I'll have two purebred La Mancha does and one Alpine X La Mancha doe. I don't think I will keep a buck, but that might change. I'd prefer to borrow a buck when I need to breed my does and then take him back to his owner. I'm not sure I can learn to like a big, stinky, stinky, stinky, stinky boy goat enough to keep him all the time.

daniel-delarosa

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have migrated over here from the BYC. I live in Seminole. Im trying to get into breeding rabbits to butcher. Anyone have any for sale??

DuckLover2399

Duck Lover
Reaction score
I live in Oklahoma and I raise ducks secretly. I'm really more of a horse or goat girl though. :)P) you can talk about weather, the herd diseases in our area, your daily rituals, ANYTHING. Enjoy yourselves. All byh rules apply.
●Okie Members●
DuckLover2399
DonnaBelle
OkieAmazon
●Non Okie Members
HorsecrazychIckloveinngkid

(Pm the form below if ya want to join)
BYH username ~
Color that you want your name ~
(don't know the color you want? Look here for ideas)

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
All us Okies are feeling frisky today, as are the goats, chickens and bird dogs since it is 72 degrees here today!!

We have had the hottest, dryest, longest summer on record this year.

My water bill was $168.00 from watering the chickens and the dogs. Didn't lose any dogs or chickens, thank god, so I guess it was worth the $.

We are thinking about the rest of this country and the floods, fires, tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, and general mayhem that we've experienced.

Go OU, and hooray for the Sooners!!!!!

DonnaBelle

(P.S. Make mine OU red)

DuckLover2399

Duck Lover
Reaction score
DonnaBelle said:
All us Okies are feeling frisky today, as are the goats, chickens and bird dogs since it is 72 degrees here today!!

We have had the hottest, dryest, longest summer on record this year.

My water bill was $168.00 from watering the chickens and the dogs. Didn't lose any dogs or chickens, thank god, so I guess it was worth the $.

We are thinking about the rest of this country and the floods, fires, tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, and general mayhem that we've experienced.

Go OU, and hooray for the Sooners!!!!!

DonnaBelle

(P.S. Make mine OU red)
(lol ok)

Wow that's alot o water! My little brother and I were very hyper today as it feels like winter kinda I'm like freezeing my toes off lol!(does the color look good or do you want me to make it lighter?)