●●The Oklahoma Thread●● (Go OU!)

DuckLover2399

Duck Lover
Reaction score
DonnaBelle said:
OK now Duck Lover, when are you going to get some goaties?

Or pigs, chickens, etc.?

DonnaBelle
Shhh I'm not even supposed to have ducks :p

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
YEY, I FOUND SOME OKIES! I LIVE JUST SOUTH OF NORMAN. YES I AM AN OU FAN. I AM ALSO AN OSU FAN. I AM AN ALUMNI FROM BOTH, WHAT CAN I SAY:idunno? WE JUST MOVED TO A HOUSE WITH 2 ACRES. NOW WE HAVE 5 DUCKS, 3 GUINEAS (FOWL) AND A DOE & BUCK LIONHEAD RABBITS WITH 7 NEW BABY BUNNIES.

RamblingCowgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
YES!!! My people! Lol. I mite have been born in sac CA, but I was bred to be an okie ;) Moved here when I was 6-7.

Anyways my hubby to be & I have 11-15 acres, his dad just gave us and already fenced plot on his very lage acrage. Most of it is thick with tember so it's hard to tell. What is even cooler is we can run stock where he keeps he calves when weaned, and there is 2 other 5-10 acer lots that that meet up to our place that no one in the family cares to deal with. So after we get it fenced we could use it if needed.
We have 3 goats for now, gonna get some reg alpine bottle babys in march. Our fav Cookie is also bred for march.
We have a tiro of mutt rabbits that mite be too old to bree, but I hope they are not cuz I love the wild b/w patterns the does are. We are getting more for breeding and meat this spring too. I have 6 horses. We have 7+ dogs. Mite get to get my first bunch of Navajo-Churro sheep soon. And we our building our little {30 x 30} dutch barn style house this year, getting merried in the fall :weee :hugs

I want geese and chickens, Cotton Patch, and Delawares...

We'd like to add hogs, and maybe other things like llamas at some point...

things are just so boring on our little place....NOT!

I'm in rose right off of 412 for now, but our place is just east of salina

So now you see why it says Rambling Cowgirl :)

Sheepdog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
South East OK... not too far from the Texas border.

We can't really call our place a backyard operation, but it seems like it to me after living in Australia on a cattle station. I have gone from 130,000 acres to a small 300 acres... we do have another ranch which is much bigger than where we live and that is where we run the commercial cattle but I don't like it there at all... it is bottom country, full of brush and a hunters paradise... give me the wide open spaces which is why I love this little piece of paradise where I live. I love to be able to look out to the pastures with a few trees for shade and not feel closed in by the woods and the brush.... I guess being from Australia and from the black soil plains, I am used to wide open spaces.

On our little ranch we run ..... full blood Dorper sheep, full blood St Croix sheep, fullblood Katahdin sheep, 1 Great Pyrenees (Isadora), 1 Anatolian (Seuss), 3 working border collies (Panda, Skip & Jim), 4 Quarter Horse mares (Lenny, Matilda, Missy & Daisy who is due to foal in March), 1 Paint mare (Pit Pony), 1 Quarter Horse Gelding (MJ), 2 Brussells Griffons (Beardie & Peanut... who is hopefully due to have puppies in February to an American Grand Champion), 1 Norwegian Forest cat with a blue eye and a copper eye called Bowie.. after David Bowie.

I would like to venture into some Scottish Highland Cattle, maybe show cattle... but I don't know how they would cope in the heat of summer. These cattle have intrigued me since I was a little girl but I have always lived in a hot climate, so never ventured any further than dreaming about them. I would be a nice hobby, just to raise a few nice show animals... I will keep dreaming.:/

RedWolfeFarm

Just born
Reaction score
Kinda makes me sad seeing the Okie thread so far back :(

I am in Temple, about 30 minutes south of Lawton give or take.

I had plans on goats an chickens but hubby grounded me after I brought goat number 5 and a preggy number 6 home so no chickies until next year :(

but as it stands I have 5 goats and three dogs plus my landlords two dogs that live here and somewhere I have three cats mousing LOL