4 Lamancha dairy bottle babies. New pics pg 6!

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
U keep getting more goats and u gonna have to get a bigger place...i thought u were finished about a month ago....U have G.A.S. so bad we're gonna have to do and intervention for u..:gig:gig....If i came home with 4 more goats I would be sleeping with them...DW already thinks we have enough goats, it's only 4 plus kid(s) due any time now...I troll CL daily looking for super deals...Been quite a few lately but have been able to control the urges....They are so cute, would love to have one of the blue ones to breed cupcake to next year...Congratulations..:D

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:lol: :gig Control?? Whats that!!? :gig I was done after rocky but the $10 bucklings dont count because I've been planning on getting them for a while. :lol: It wasn't even a spur of the moment thing. If I could find a bred goat or a newly freshened goat I would also have a milker right now too.. :rolleyes: I'm selling Honey Bear and the new buck to make room for these kids. I want goats I can teach to pack eventually and Honey's just too small. I took her in, we're well on the way to fattening her up, and she can go live with someone else!

I think the only way I'd be sleeping with the animals is if I brought home a dog. Nothing suprises him at this point and since I know I'm crazy I want to make sure he knows before he actually marries me! Then I'll just be that crazy wife! :lol:

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh rebel, they make up the no ears with their mischevious personalty...And us Lamancha folks think they are beautiful....And i have no problems with my lamancha trying to escape, unlike my Nigerians one of which is an escape artist...My lamancha is perfectly content to stay in the goat pen as long as she has food and water..

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Exactly one year ago I was reading my goat book, looking at goat breeds telling myself I would NEVER have one of those fugly little earless goats. :lol: Then last feb I got 4 bucklings from the same place, all saanen/saanen mixed. I picked 1 earless (saanen/lamancha) and the rest saanens and saanen/alpine. Well, what do you know.. I LOVED that little earless thing the most! 2 weeks later I bought Squirt and its been love at first lamancha sight ever since. Unfortunately the boys got pneumonia early on and I lost the saanen/lamancha but I'm so happy I changed my mind about them. They are all personality and are the sweetest things.

Now we're in a little bit of a naming hiccup. Dbf is back with his original names. He named our wether Knuckle Head last year. I dont even think I can post the names because they're not "family friendly" lol!! So we're looking for 4 names. Themed or not!

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John

Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro :lol:

Presidential theme (pick your favorites):Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Grant, Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, Tyler, Harrison, Ford, Roosevelt, Nixon, Jackson, Quincy, Taylor, Buchanan, Johnson, Garfield, Arthur, Cleveland, McKinley, Taft, Coolidge, Hoover, Truman, Eisenhower, Carter, Bush

Car makers theme: Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Lincoln, Mercury, Buick, Cadillac, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, Audi, Bentley

Planets theme: Mercury, Mar, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto

Greek gods theme: Apollo, Ares, Hades, Hermes, Poseidon, Zeus

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How about Iny (or Eny?), Meany, Miny and Moe? I have 3 brothers and my grandmother made each of us a sock monkey made out of the red-heeled socks when we were kids and that's what she named them. Will never forget their names. Mine was Meany.

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ugh... I miss my bottle babies...

Yours are just too too cute. I'm sorry, it's not allowed. I'm afraid I'll have to confiscate them to save the world. It's kind of like checking every square inch of that nice full brownie pan to make sure they aren't poisoned. It could be a toxic level of cute.. They should just live at my house and I'll take the risk for you.

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Wow, I love all the name suggestions! Dbf liked eeny, meany, miny, and moe.. I'm gonna have the hardest time remembering that though.

Everyone went outside tonight except the black one. He seemed to be a little depressed so he's staying in for a couple days.. I've been calling him Mcgee.. :hu Legs Mcgee actually. Haha its shocking how lengthy they seem compared to Rocky, the nigerian dwarf buckling. Rocky's 7 weeks old and a stocky little guy. I think these ones are actually taller then him, even though he's a little tank and probably weighs more then the 4 combined! :p