Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, kid #4 was the only one helping me (kid 1 was at work, 2 was fishing with bride-to-be, 3 is living at his own place and working hard, and 5 was at scout camp)

Kid 4 worked really hard... but every so often he would say something like "hell must feel like this" and "this is incredibly hot"

He finally looked up the temp.... 55F!!!!
:gig

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chick box... walls are too short... chicks keep jumping out, and of COURSE can't jump back in.

Got to fix that today.

Have to make a couple modifications to the bottom of the green tractor... can't easily get to the feed and water for the geese that are down there. It cooled way down last night... but goslings and ducklings look good this morning.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We modified the bottom of the green tractor to make it easier to get to the goslings feed and water.

Have NOT yet fixed the chick box. WOW are the leghorns precocious. They are just over a week only (aren't they????) And 1 leghorn was perching on the edge of the box. Little fluff thing was fast asleep, head hanging way down and eyes closed. Silly baby.

And... last order of poultry should show up tomorrow at 5am! Female goslings!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok... ALL poultry are out of the house.

I still can't get over the size difference between my 2 gosling orders. Only 1 week!

The kids... so funny, looked up something that helps you translate animal age to human age.

Supposedly 1 week difference for geese, is just over 2 years difference in humans.