Alaskan's Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't understand how people think that getting something for nothing is possible. :idunno
Partly because too many of them have parents that made it too easy for them growing up... so they never learned that there are responsibilities and consequences and that money does not grow on trees... they were never made to do chores for an allowance and made to learn that if they did not do the chores, they did not get the allowance... they have had stuff handed to them since childhood because mom and dad "did not want them to have it soooo tough" so they coddled them and enabled them by giving, giving, giving.... "til they did not learn any different... and now have no point of reference that things do not just "appear" but have to be earned...

And the outright lies of the government that the "BIG BAD CORPORATIONS" are to blame for the high cost of things... so they need to pay "THEIR FAIR SHARE OF TAXES" , and that although there are outrageous salaries and such... these people put in alot of hours, and sweat equity in one way or another to get to the place they are in...and they did not START at the top at these high wages/salaries..... and that these big bad companies are paying a lions share of taxes and other things for them to be able to do business and provide all this STUFF that these spoiled kids think they can't live without....

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
On a happier note...

I went ahead, with Bride's help, and moved the old ducks in with the infant ducks.

We first moved in the sweetest of the older females.

A little excitement, but very little. We waited and watched... then put in a second female.

Looked good, so we left them and had lunch.... it still looked good, so we got the last 3 (5 total older ducks).

And tada... all 15 are doing well. I had opened the small run for the infants.... and they were too scared to go out.

But, after putting all the ducks together, the older ducks showed the younger ducks that the jungle filled run is fun!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
To further lighten the mood, I'm gonna need a white board flow chart for your post on moving this and that, there and here!!!:weee
I do too!!!!

Also, it doesn't help that I decide this stuff, and then totally change my mind!

So.... as of right now.... all ducks are together in the shed, with access to the small run and the red coop. They are "fine" but need lots of water and feed dishes.

I am hoping to move old hens over today.