Angus calf was just wondering if I should be worried.

arabianequine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score

redtailgal

Reaction score
Thats a tough call. I'd go with one of the ivermec

I like using inject on calves.......its more thorough in my opinion. If you go this route, you can get regular syringes. You'll need a larger needle, cattle hide is tough. Be SURE to give it subQ in a loose flap of skin.

BUT, with if thats your only cow, its cheaper to use the pour-on. If you go this route, start between the shoulders and pour slowly enough to make it all the way to the tail head.

And yes, the one you are leaning towards should be fine, just remember to give the shot subQ

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
If you're not going to feed him grain, I'd get him back on milk, though it may be too late. Think about beef calves...they're raised on pasture and usually not fed grain, but they're also on the cow until they're around 5-6 mos. Dairy calves, who are weaned at 8 weeks typically, are not getting milk but are getting a concentrate (grain). This little guy is going to have a hard go of it unless he's getting the absolute very best hay or pasture available.

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I give my dairy steers grain for a few months just to give them a start. They don't eat that much to begin with and once they start putting the grass to them, I taper it off to about a mouthful. My youngest steer is 4 1/2 months now and only gets about 4 cups a day. I've also started giving them beet shreds soaked in water and sprinkling the grain on top--they think they''re getting a heck of a big treat and it's a lot less costly.

arabianequine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I wormed today. I ended up getting a jug of promectin B pour on for cattle. It was not real clear to me how to give this. I put 250 pounds worth in a needle-less syringe and slowly squirted it out down his spine.

I hope that is how I should of done it.

Should I do it again and when?

Also his stool is loose today not like water but looser then normal. Only thing different is I started giving him some straight alfalfa with in the last week. I have been giving grass too alternating. I also gave him 10gm of probias today.