Any cows out there broke to ride?

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well then, People:
Let's see some pics! :D
Ok, I know I have seen some of Steerriders, but MORE would be good. Come On!!! :caf

Pure Country

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is Shannon with her show heifer Natalie. She was feeding them one day and Shannon decided to see what Nat would do if she got on her. Nat could have cared less one way or another. She isn't trained to ride but she will allow you to sit on her. Shannon is small for her age anyway. Natalie loves the attention. She is such a character.
ShannonandNatalie.jpg

ShannonandNatalie2.jpg

P0U1TRYP3RS0N

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
This probably sounds stupid...But...I've never had a cow you could ride, although at the end right before I sold him I could lay on my bull's back or sit on him while he was laying down. Anyways, I found a pic on the internet of people riding three texas longhorns. It was the funnies picture. Maybe you could do the same with a jersey if they are that layed back?
EDIT TO SAY: TEXASCOWMAMA, my bull was named T-Bone. Well, tech. he was supposed to be a steer....But someone did a less than satisfactory job castrating him. And well, he gained bull characteristics and attitude. LOL

haviris

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I haven't had one "trained" to ride, but I have been on my steer, he was castrated after he was already grown, so I made sure to get on him before so I could tell people I had ridden a bull!

I've sat children on my cow when she was younger, and one day when she was being a pest and following me around, can't remember what I was doing, but I was moving a saddle and since she was there I let her carry it for me.

AF Texas Longhorn Ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I got my first longhorn steer (the one in the picture and the one on my avatar is him 1 year later) when I was in 6th grade and I completely trained him myself. He picks up his feet (like a horse does), he is lead broke, and saddle broke and lets you sit/lay on him when he's lying down. So, to answer your question, no I don't have others do it, I do everything myself :D and I am training him to ride.

Latest posts