anyone with litters due in march? :) i do!

MyLittleParadise

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My American Spot/Hotot kindled March 1st. The babies are American Spot/Hotot/Silver Fox. A lot of breeds but the oldest doe I have is a really good breeder. Last batch had 10 and all lived. This is typical for here. But the does I kept from one of her litters doesn't have much luck. If you touch her babies she'll quit on them. And she pulls all the fur out of the box. I'll try to post a picture of them.

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Cassie finally kindled a litter yesterday. :weee 3 big very active kits. :thumbsup Way to go girl. Has anyone seen kits so big around the neck? :idunno Is this ok?

5458_2012-03-13_025227-1-1.jpg

5458_2012-03-13_025456-1-1.jpg

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
well today is day 28 for my dutch doe. her belly seems to have dropped. i'm gonna make another topic for it...
also today i felt 3 or 4 seperate kicks from her belly. :D fingers crossed for lotsa fat healthy popples!

GriffinRidgeFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
theeggboxtoo said:
Martha had her babies! I heard that when they are first timers the kits don't live very often, is this true?
Well she was a good mom, but she didn't pull enough fur and they got too cold. :(

Akpahsj

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have two does I bred on Feb.4, so they should be having any day now. I'm a little worried, since there bellies are real big and they are both a little overdue. The buck is alrger than them, so I'm afraid it might cause problems when birthing.
One of them is a first-timer, so I hope all goes well!

Oh, and everybody else, congratulations on the babies! I hope all goes well for you guys! :D

hemet dennis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Akpahsj said:
I have two does I bred on Feb.4, so they should be having any day now. I'm a little worried, since there bellies are real big and they are both a little overdue. The buck is alrger than them, so I'm afraid it might cause problems when birthing.
One of them is a first-timer, so I hope all goes well!

Oh, and everybody else, congratulations on the babies! I hope all goes well for you guys! :D
So it's been 38 days ? How much do you feed ?

Akpahsj

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well, we usually give them 1/2 cup of rabbit ration (co-op brand) and some hay, though we don't keep track of how much. They usually use most of it for their nests. I'm freaking out, I hope when I go out there there's babies. But it seems the younger doe is very nervous, and she's always breathing hard and seems scared.

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
i hope everything is alright with your doe (((hugs)))

went out at about 7:30PM tonight and my dutch doe had pulled lotsa fur and is doing a new round of nesting. fingers crossed!
gonna go out and check her again in a few. my first litter, not hers. she's had a few litters. i'm definitely nervous and antsy though.

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:D yay!! i got 8 little wiggly kits! litter of 8. all alive and wiggly :p

bunny fur...
rabbitbabies004.jpg

i think it MOVED!!!
rabbitbabies006.jpg

rabbitbabies007.jpg

rabbitbabies010.jpg

tired momma bunny
rabbitbabies009.jpg