anyone with litters due in march? :) i do!

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
just realized only 9 days until my dutch doe is due and 15 days until my lionheads are due :p :D

GriffinRidgeFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Martha had her babies! I heard that when they are first timers the kits don't live very often, is this true?

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have had good luck with first time mothers. But, it is not unusual for them to not be sure what to do. Good luck with your new kits.
And congrats to you!

jakeinkalispell

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My NZ/ G. Chin Michelle Duggar is due today!
My other NZ/ G. Chin (sisters) Kate Gosselin is due on the 22nd

brentr

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
brentr said:
I have two litters coming next week. Litter one is NZ doe bred to Cali buck; litter two is Cali doe bred to NZ buck. Later in the month I have a NZ doe bred to a Cali buck who should kindle; I am pretty sure I got a positive palpation today (day 14).
My two cross-bred litters arrived on Tuesday. Cali doe had 9 kits. NZW doe also had 9 kits, but lost one. All 17 kits in the box are doing well! :celebrate

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have three litters due this month, keeping my fingers crossed, this will be my first...

Bunny-kids

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I've had three litters so far in March -- all of them Cali/NZ crosses. Two litters of pure Cali due later this month. And I have one pen of Calis growing out. Bunnies everywhere this year! (Was slow around here with me and other breeders as well last year). Now if only two of my Cali does weren't refusing my Cali buck! I'd rather their litters have been pure Cali.

jakeinkalispell

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
jakeinkalispell said:
My NZ/ G. Chin Michelle Duggar is due today!
My other NZ/ G. Chin (sisters) Kate Gosselin is due on the 22nd
Michelle had her kits today, 8 in all, all lokked healthy

0309121255.jpg

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
got a cage built today and moved the weaned dutch kits over to it. dutch doe is due in 8 days. :) i'm counting down. every person i pass in the house gets "9 days"..... "9 days".... "hey dad guess what" dad: "what" me: "NINE DAYS :D"
so today its "8 days". lol. i think i'm driving everyone nuts.

i'm thinking that i wont get any kits from the lionhead does. i know the one is 4yrs and like 5 or 6 months old. (not sure off the top of my head). the other doe and the buck i dont know their ages. so will have to see. but i'm not really letting myself get all rapped up in waiting for kits from them. i mean if i do then its great! but i am going to try and get them pet homes after their due dates. once i know they arent preggo. or if they have any then once they wean the kits.