Baby calf with a clubfoot Picture Added

Nickey

Just born
Reaction score
Unfortunately he's not doing very well. He's still very weak, we are pumping down UniMilk to him but he's so weak. Think something else is wrong, has good days and bad days, today's a bad one. Thought we lost him but then next feeding he was up. Don't really know if he's going to make it.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Nickey said:
Unfortunately he's not doing very well. He's still very weak, we are pumping down UniMilk to him but he's so weak. Think something else is wrong, has good days and bad days, today's a bad one. Thought we lost him but then next feeding he was up. Don't really know if he's going to make it.
My thoughts are with you. He seems like he's trying real hard and what you are doing is helping but I think you are right, there must be something more to this. I know good/bad days are very frustrating for you and your little one.

:fl

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I hope he pulls through for you! It is hard not knowing how to help or what is wrong. I hope that he is able to gain strength and/or someone is able to figure out what specifically is effecting him so that you can move in the right direction. :hugs

Nickey

Just born
Reaction score
Yesterday was a good day for the little guy, this morning is another story. We wrapped his little leg and think we are going to do the other one since it seems to buckle at times.

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
4064_dscn0255.jpg
4064_dscn0522-1.jpg

These photos are of my mostly Jersey heifer, Peanut. The first one as a calf and the second at 1 year old. The ace bandage didn't help a bit and we ended up just letting her go at her own pace. Her other front let also buckled and one of her back legs was wobbly also. She was a small calf, but strong, and FULL of attitude. It took months, but now you wouldn't know she had a problem unless you were looking for it. Her mama is a very small Jersey/Ayrshire cross and Peanut is quite short-legged.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Either you're really tall or she's really short. :p :lol:

Glad to see she's recovered well into a nice-looking gal! :D

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She is really short, but at least looks like a 'normal' heifer now. I was getting sick of hearing my friends call her my mutant--thank you for not giving a full-blown run down on her conformation! I might start a thread on 'now what do I do?', but thought this might give hope to those who think floppy legs can't possible improve this much (I was starting to wonder for a couple of months!)

redtailgal

Reaction score
Cricket said:
She is really short, but at least looks like a 'normal' heifer now. I was getting sick of hearing my friends call her my mutant--thank you for not giving a full-blown run down on her conformation! I might start a thread on 'now what do I do?', but thought this might give hope to those who think floppy legs can't possible improve this much (I was starting to wonder for a couple of months!)
Well, with a face that cute, who cares about conformation? lol, she is adorable!