Barn camera link with 10 senior does due around Feb 3rd!

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
BarredRockMomma said:
Question about Dollies second kid this afternoon. Would the birthing position be considered beech? I am watching to learn what to do this fall.
That's actually a rear presentation. A true breach is butt first, no legs. Rear presentations aren't ideal, but you can work with them. You want to pull the kid though, and not waste much time because if/when the umbilical cord breaks or gets pinched, the kid will want to breathe and you don't want their first breathe to be taken still in the birth canal. When I have rear presentations, I go ahead and pull them out and not wait for the doe/ewe/etc to push them out.

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
BarredRockMomma said:
Question about Dollies second kid this afternoon. Would the birthing position be considered beech? I am watching to learn what to do this fall.
That's actually a rear presentation. A true breach is butt first, no legs. Rear presentations aren't ideal, but you can work with them. You want to pull the kid though, and not waste much time because if/when the umbilical cord breaks or gets pinched, the kid will want to breathe and you don't want their first breathe to be taken still in the birth canal. When I have rear presentations, I go ahead and pull them out and not wait for the doe/ewe/etc to push them out.
That is good to know. I am so glad that I have this forum. :weee

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
:pop

My three kids (human) are all sitting here glued, hoping to see some action. No babies for us this year so we are living vicariously! Come on babies!

Latest posts