Barn camera link with 10 senior does due around Feb 3rd!

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Can I ask what you use for cameras? I dont' have a laptop but I want to set up a barn cam so badly. Last year I bought an $80 camera but I could never get it to work correctly. :(

nigeriandwarfgoats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I actually have 2 different cameras but only one connected to the internet at a time. The first one I originally started with is black & white, transmits sound and is wireless--but we have a hard time getting a clear signal unless it's positioned in just the right spot. My husband figured out all of the wiring too so it can be hardwired for a clear picture all of the time. I got the $249 cam..my barn is pretty close & made of wood so we thought it would have worked a lot better than what it actually does: http://www.hoeggerfarmyard.com/xcart/search.php?mode=search&page=1 I have that camera currently hooked to my t.v. by my bed so I can watch the rest of the goats when the other cam is focused on a kidding stall & the volume up high so I can hear if any goats are screaming in labor :)
My husband picked up a cheap color camera this year & that is the one that you are viewing when you are watching my goats. We ran the hardwire from the barn, over the driveway and into the house--my husband knows how to do all of that stuff..I wouldn't have had a clue about how to do it. That camera doesn't transmit any sound though when hooked up to the t.v. or computer.
I think most cameras will work but you need to get a thing called a Dazzle which we found on e-bay. That will link the camera to your computer and then you can stream it through whatever site you want--I highly recommend marestare--lots of tech support & you get a zillion people watching that will actually call you if they see an animal going into labor or any other kind of problem.

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
Thanks! I've only got 1 doe kidding this year, so I dont' really want to pay for Marestare, but I would LOVE to get a camera hooked up. I'll have to look for a Dazzle. THanks!! :D

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just noticed that the mostly white doe with black markings and stripes down the face keeps pawing at the ramp. Maybe a sign of labor? Or maybe just stretching?

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
I noticed that too and wondered...I am so hooked on the barn cam!!!! Love it:) Will keep watching, but I time out regularly with dial up here.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Looks like she is laying under the ramp now. If that is the same one. I am with you on the barn cam addiction. I just can't stop watching. :pop Pass the popcorn, please.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL! Our sheep have all had their lambs now, so here I am at the Goat birthing forum. Would love one of those cams for our sheep especially at night!

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm really not sure...thought she'd be getting up and down more but I see that two of the goats in there with her seem to be checking up on her.

I've got to go clean up after supper and then come back...total addict here...LOL

Latest posts