Barn camera link with 10 senior does due around Feb 3rd!

nigeriandwarfgoats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I can't believe none have kidded yet! I have the next 7 days off and am ready for action---I want to see these kids too!! I have seen a number have what appeared to have contractions these past few days...Fire N Ice, Joselyn, Swiss Miss & Floe. I felt ligaments a few minutes ago and am guessing no kids tonight. Suri & Swiss Miss are really loose though so maybe tomorrow!
KinderKorner--my first goats were actually kinders...I had 2 wethers back in 1996 that I adored and 2 more wethers in 2005. Then I got sucked into the Nigerian Dwarf world & have been addicted to my beautiful loving herd since :) I do go to Illinois on occasion--we could always set up some kind of delivery & get you hooked on the nigerians too ;)

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Haha sorry. My neighbor has nigis and I've been around them enough to know I don't want them. They are cute, but too small and dairy for me.

I hope your right about them not kidding tonight. Because I need to go to bed. But sadly I have to get up at 6 on sunday, so I won't be able to stay up and watch them tomorrow either. :/ Maybe they will go in the morning. haha. I hope. Anytime from 9-12 would be great.

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Is it a contraction when the goat kinda looks like she goes stiff while standing, her tail curls over her back, and she just kinda remains in the same position for a short while before relaxing?

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Stacykins said:
Is it a contraction when the goat kinda looks like she goes stiff while standing, her tail curls over her back, and she just kinda remains in the same position for a short while before relaxing?
Sounds right.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am suprised that the goats haven't had any kids yet! :ep How much longer can they possible hold them in for? :lol:

The camera looks to be black... maybe they are moving it. :pop :woot

PotterWatch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I figure they are going to wait until I'm not home to watch and then they'll all kid at once. :/

nigeriandwarfgoats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Having a hard time find Suri's ligaments tonight and her udder seems to have filled up more. She is mostly black with some tan markings on her face/legs/stomach--no white on her at all. I haven't seen doing anything to indicate labor yet but I'll be keeping a close eye on her.

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't understand how these does can squeeze their hind legs together so tight to hold the babies in with those big ole udders in the way ;) lol

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
They do look soooooo huge...bellys and udders...can't be too long!!! Love the barn cam:) These Mama goats are lovely:)

MuttlyCrew

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Love the web cam it keep me up way to late last night checking back to it over and over. Can't wait to see the baby's :pop

Latest posts