Baymule’s 2024 Lambing plus 12-23

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe she's a short cycler and caught next heat...that woul put her another week away 🤷. Hurry up and wait. I'm thinking maybe 6 of mine will kid about end of month.
She was bred even earlier, put back with the ewe crew and Cooper broke in to breed her again. So back to Cooper she went, evidently that romance was a dud. The good news is, she is definitely going to have lambs!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ewenique has had me worried the last few days. She walked real S. L. O. W.
Waddled is more like it. She trailed behind the flock, big, fat, uncomfortable.

Today, she was clearly uncomfortable. Laid down, got up, wandered aimlessly, laid down, got up, rinse, repeat. The flock would wander off, she got up and followed. Then she would leave the flock to go lay down, get up, up, down, up, down. Wander back to flock, leave the flock.

Her udder was enormous, ligs were gone, sides hollowed out, belly hanging low.

Today is the day!

IMG_5985.jpeg

IMG_5987.jpeg

IMG_5988.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

All. Day. Long.

At 10 years old, heavy with twins, heck she’s so big, maybe triplets? My old girl, the last one of the original 4 ewes that BJ and i bought, maybe she needed help? I checked on her all morning. Finally gave up and just sat outside, watching. She laid down, threw her head up in the air. Bingo! She is in labor!

My son showed up, his job ended. So we “placed” where I’m going to put the barn. Changed my plans, changed where, changed which way it’s facing. I kept an eye on Ewenique!

Chase came over with his tractor to cut up some red oak from a tree that had to come down up front, for the new fence. He cut a front end loader full of red oak and the 3 of us stood there talking. I turned my head to see a baby on the ground!

I went in the pen to see if she needed assistance, but Ewenique had it under control. I made sure the lambs nose was clear and plop! Here came another one. I cleared its nose and moved it out of the fluid puddle. We watched her clean her babies, watched as they wobbled to their tiny feet and got their first milk.

IMG_5991.jpeg

Solid black, one with a few white hairs on its head.

IMG_5992.jpeg

I moved the lambs to a small pen, with Ewenique right beside them. I fed her separately and she got her alfalfa too.
I’m pretty sure they are both ewes.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ewenique has had me worried the last few days. She walked real S. L. O. W.
Waddled is more like it. She trailed behind the flock, big, fat, uncomfortable.

Today, she was clearly uncomfortable. Laid down, got up, wandered aimlessly, laid down, got up, rinse, repeat. The flock would wander off, she got up and followed. Then she would leave the flock to go lay down, get up, up, down, up, down. Wander back to flock, leave the flock.

Her udder was enormous, ligs were gone, sides hollowed out, belly hanging low.

Today is the day!

View attachment 104996

View attachment 104997

View attachment 104998

View attachment 104999

All. Day. Long.

At 10 years old, heavy with twins, heck she’s so big, maybe triplets? My old girl, the last one of the original 4 ewes that BJ and i bought, maybe she needed help? I checked on her all morning. Finally gave up and just sat outside, watching. She laid down, threw her head up in the air. Bingo! She is in labor!

My son showed up, his job ended. So we “placed” where I’m going to put the barn. Changed my plans, changed where, changed which way it’s facing. I kept an eye on Ewenique!

Chase came over with his tractor to cut up some red oak from a tree that had to come down up front, for the new fence. He cut a front end loader full of red oak and the 3 of us stood there talking. I turned my head to see a baby on the ground!

I went in the pen to see if she needed assistance, but Ewenique had it under control. I made sure the lambs nose was clear and plop! Here came another one. I cleared its nose and moved it out of the fluid puddle. We watched her clean her babies, watched as they wobbled to their tiny feet and got their first milk.

View attachment 105000

Solid black, one with a few white hairs on its head.

View attachment 105001

I moved the lambs to a small pen, with Ewenique right beside them. I fed her separately and she got her alfalfa too.
I’m pretty sure they are both ewes.
CONGRATS on the twins!!
Ya know I’ve got twin rams - both black and one with a little white on its head. LOL and you got ewes! 👍🏼👍🏼