Baymule’s 2024 Lambing plus 12-23

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@blessedfarmgirl and her Dad and her sisters came and even brought lunch! We had a great time! We processed fecal samples, checked under the microscope and had a poop party.

I picked a registered ram lamb from Cooper and BTX 1901, a triplet. I’ve never wormed Cooper and BTX 1901 consistently comes in at ZERO worm count, even through this horrible worm bloom I’ve been fighting. They also bought Cookie, a first generation recorded ewe and Butterfly a second generation ewe. That gives them a running start on registering their sheep.

I have ewes from both Cookie and Butterfly, so time to let them go to a new home where they can contribute to building a registered flock. My sheep are pets, spoiled to attention and treats, I’m delighted they have such a good home.

I’ve been fighting parasites in the ewes that had lambs on them and I ran them through the chute a few days ago. I processed the deals and the girls are finally clean!

I ran the ewe lambs through the chute and wormed them again. Next I’ll do the ram lambs again. I have another ram lamb sold and I’m keeping the black and white spotted ram, out of Butterfly. I’m going to castrate the rest and let them graze for the summer.

I have 13 ewes with rams, I’ll be separating them soon, making them due in September through December.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice surprise this morning, 2 ewe lambs that looked so bad last night were alive and on their feet this morning. I was sure I’d find them dead. Even with the worming regimen I had them on, they had bottle jaw. So I wormed all the ewe lambs on Monday. I figured the parasite die off would kill those two, but they are still alive and ……. maybe not kicking, but still alive.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
DS1 treated for Coccidiosis the other day and said almost all water had been consumed so turned them all out again. Said he was not dumping water troughs, just adding more water. Hopefully with warnings from Baymule our flock will survive. Still need to pull fecals when I return and start parasite resistance culling program but :fl lambs will survive to go to auction.

THANK YOU, BAY, FOR THE WARNING! I owe you big time!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lamb #9 dead this morning. A ewe, from registered parents, one of my bottle babies. I wanted her so bad.

The triplet lambs from the prolapse ewe that I’ve been babysitting have chocolate squirts. I gave them toltraizual or however the hellbyou spell it. One dose, gone! Nope still here. Been on Corrid for a week. Probiotics and a B vitamin shot. I scrubbed their butts this morning and was promptly rewarded by more squirts. O schit. Literally schit.

So I’m going old school. I drenched them with apple cider vinegar and honey, 10 cc’s. When I was mixing their milk, I thought about the milk replacer and decided not to add any, just whole milk, buttermilk and evaporated milk. I added a beaten egg to each bottle. Egg is supposed to prevent scours. No more milk replacer, no more corrid. I’ll be drenching them a couple times daily with ACV and honey, an egg in morning and night bottles.

I’m at my wits end. I’ve felt despondent all day.