Baymule’s 2024 Lambing plus 12-23

R2elk

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Been on Corrid for a week. Probiotics and a B vitamin shot.
Corid is a thiamine blocker which is how it works against coccidia. It starves it to death by blocking the thiamine. Thiamine is a B vitamin.

I don't know what is in your B vitamin shot but if it is a vitamin B complex, it contains thiamine and is counter productive to giving Corid.

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sending prayers your way. That is awful. I hope you can pull the rest through this.
Maybe some tummy tamer might help? Garlic, ginger and cayenne with the honey and ACV. The cayenne helps with gut healing, the garlic kills the bad guys and the ginger is soothing.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Corid is a thiamine blocker which is how it works against coccidia. It starves it to death by blocking the thiamine. Thiamine is a B vitamin.

I don't know what is in your B vitamin shot but if it is a vitamin B complex, it contains thiamine and is counter productive to giving Corid.
Yes I know. 3-4 days of Corrid in the morning, then a shot of B vitamins in the evening. Not a daily shot. By starving the coccidia of thiamine, it also starves the animal and it can shut down the liver, leading to death. It’s a case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use SMZ tabs or toltrazuril....depends on stage they're found. It is damned if do or don't, sadly. Mostly I've been lucky not to have coccidiosis often. But it's out there, in the soil. 🤷 A lot of things are and live another life, when least expected.

My cabinet looks like a pharmacy. 🤐

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you pull diarrhea sample for e.coli test? I would pull all milk, give water with paste electrolytes first (paste electrolytes make them thirsty), and probiotics to reboot stomach organisms. Give free choice hay only - no pellet or grain supplements.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I gave the borrowed lambs their second dose of ACV and honey an hour ago. I’ll give them their milk with second raw egg of the day in it. @Ridgetop suggested cutting their milk with half water to reduce the richness of their milk, so I’ll do that too. I’m waiting impatiently to scrub their butts in the morning to see if they are still squirting chocolate goop.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Borrowed lambs got ACV and honey drench this morning, then I scrubbed their butts. Rams have stopped diarrhea. Ewe lamb, the one that’s important, still had squirts. . They all got dosed with Kaopectate and no milk. Instead they got bottles of electrolytes. They are getting hay and water. I hav to get the diarrhea stopped!